Just a few things I picked up last week...

First up I got an NYC Big Muff Pi brand new. I have always wanted one and I haven't seen one on my CL in the 2 years I've been looking so I figured I'd just buy one. I absolutely love it too, a bit noisy, but anything I would use it for that's not a problem anyway. Smashing Pumpkins' 'Zero' is a pretty generic muff sound, for the few of you who don't know them.

Here's the board with the new muff.

Here's a shot of the board of the muff. I run a daisy chain so I needed it to be a standard barrel adapter, not an 1/8th inch plug like it comes with. Unfortunately the metal housed jack I installed was shorting through the muff's casing, so I had to insulate it with electrical tape.

And lastly, I bought an Epiphone So-Cal 4x12 cabinet and a Valve Junior off CL for $100. The cab has Eminence Lady Lucks, which are very mellow, smooth speakers. So far I like the cab, it doesn't really have it's own sound, it seems to be a pretty true replication of the amp's tone. I rewired it to 4 ohm to work with my Bassman, and also because as I suspected they had wired it with 18 guage not 16. Here's a pic of the cab and VJ.

When I got the VJ I went to do a couple simple resistor changes I had read about and found a bit of a mess inside. The previous owner had done some pretty poor modding, so I'm sending it to a fellow UG'er for repair. Here's a shot of the board, some of this is my poor work, but most is from the guy I bought it from.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Congrats on the gear! That soldering job is godawful though. Hope you get that sorted out.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
HNGD!

I wuv my muff. Never understood the 1/8 jack thing but I'll learn I'm sure.

Wait...you got the SoCal cab and VJ for $100?

I was going to say the cab is worth more than $100. Glad you got speaker ohm thing figured out.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
HNGD!

I wuv my muff. Never understood the 1/8 jack thing but I'll learn I'm sure.

Wait...you got the SoCal cab and VJ for $100?

I was going to say the cab is worth more than $100. Glad you got speaker ohm thing figured out.

$100??? WTF!
How can you guys get deals like that & still sleep at night?
Congrats, man!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Thanks guys. I was pretty stoked about the VJ and cab. I think the kid just was in over his head with modding and just wanted to start over. He probably thinks he ripped me off...

I'm sure the cab is worth over $100, when I rewired it all the cones were in good shape. The cabinet itself is a little rough, but you don't really notice until you start looking up very close. I was going to sell the 4x12 for $100 and just get a free VJ, but after playing it a bit I decided its worth having for how little I paid.

Dr. Pain: The VJ is going to someone who could rework that preamp section in their sleep, at least that's my impression of him, so no worries there.

Ben: The audition went about how I expected... I showed them that I COULD play what they needed me too, and COULD work out, but I also showed them that they would need to work with me to get there... If that makes sense. I'm not too hopeful.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Happy New Stoof Day tubetime!
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
HNGD! Especially if you get that VJ sorted out, that's an excellent deal.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Sweet deal! Even if the mod work on the VJ looks like crap
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com