I've been searching for a decent amp for a looooooooooooong time now to replace my Musicians Club's old one, and I am losing my mind because of all the suggestions I'm getting from GC employees and club members, yet none from here. I am going to narrow it down right now.

It has to be a head, loud enough for a packed auditorium, versatile, takes pedals well, and is in a budget of $375-$500 and NEW, can't be used (unfortunately).

Suggestions I've been getting:
Bugera 1990
Bugera V55
Peavey Windsor
Raven RG100 (Skeptical about this one)
Vox Classic Plus AC50

If there's anything else you want to add, fine, but PLEASE at least make a comment about the ones I've listed.
Last edited by phlip999 at Nov 15, 2009,
Those are all good except the raven. I'd A/B them all (or all available to you) and pick your favorite.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by tom708
why not used?

The teacher that is the Club Leader (really he's just a supervisor) doesn't trust used equipment, no matter who's selling it. Which sucks, because there's a used JCM2000 combo at my local GC for $500. He won't authorize our funds to go to used equipment, and we need authorization.
Quote by phlip999
The teacher that is the Club Leader (really he's just a supervisor) doesn't trust used equipment, no matter who's selling it. Which sucks, because there's a used JCM2000 combo at my local GC for $500. He won't authorize our funds to go to used equipment, and we need authorization.

dont tell him its used then?
Quote by tom708
dont tell him its used then?

He insists to go with me to buy it, he "doesn't trust kids with money".
Quote by phlip999
He insists to go with me to buy it, he "doesn't trust kids with money".

tell him its new?
Quote by tom708
tell him its new?

And the giant "Used" tag on the front wouldn't be a tip-off?
Quote by phlip999
And the giant "Used" tag on the front wouldn't be a tip-off?

hide it
talk to the guys at the GC and get them to vouch that it is indeed new
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Why a head? do you already have a Cab to go with it? What kind of music are you playing?
Sig What?
First off tell your teacher he's not very smart or efficient with money.

Secondly, what are you playing?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
First off tell your teacher he's not very smart or efficient with money.

Secondly, what are you playing?

Anything and everything. Lots of different styles/guitars here, though mostly Metal stuff, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Death, Emperor.
Oh, I know! Go to the store before hand, tell them the situation, and maybe they will put a new tag on it to fool the snakey bastard. Some people can be understanding, its worth a shot.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."