Page 1 of 4
I am really wanting to go see a great concert and I am completely open to all music. I am considering seeing GWAR at the 930 Club cause I'm pretty sure I would laugh my ass off, but more than anything I want to witness a really impressive show. Does anyone have any suggestions? or, in your personal experience, what is the best concert you have ever been to?
Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks put on a great show just because they're hilarious in between songs. Rob Zombie also does a great show.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Tool have the best live show I've ever seen. Flawless and immensely creative.

Meshuggah's a close second.
Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I don't think any band has more pyro and lasers.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Last edited by itchy guitar at Nov 15, 2009,
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks put on a great show just because they're hilarious in between songs. Rob Zombie also does a great show.

Rob is actually also going to 930 so I might do that. I don't know a ton of his music though.. only a few select songs, but I'm sure it would be fun. Thanks for the advice!
GWAR is always awesome. I've seen em 4 times and they never fail to deliver.

Behemoth is also one of the best bands I've ever seen live. They're absolutely flawless, and have great stage presence.
Quote by chrsaud
Rob is actually also going to 930 so I might do that. I don't know a ton of his music though.. only a few select songs, but I'm sure it would be fun. Thanks for the advice!

Watch a few live clips on youtube before shelling out the money. When I saw him, it was before his movies came out and he showed a bunch of clips in the background.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Tool have the best live shows I've ever seen. Can't pick one, they were all amazing.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Senses Fail puts on a very good live show. So does Say Anything, Alexisonfire, Blink-182, and Coldplay
Weird Al was the best show I saw. Kicked ass.
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
Rammstein man, Their live performances are awesome. Flawless playing, lots of pyrotechnics. And they're really creative too.
Iron Maiden
Reel Big Fish
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by LukeBTH
Senses Fail puts on a very good live show. So does Say Anything, Alexisonfire, Blink-182, and Coldplay

I did actually see Coldplay last summer in a big ampitheatre and I gotta give them credit. As much as I hate the song Viva la Vida and how they ripped it off Satch it was pretty awesome when you can't even here Chris Martin sing because the crowd is singing so loud. I enjoyed that. I'm not familiar with Senses Fail's music though
B.B. King was great, very funny and gets the audience involved, I also saw Metallica recently, they weren't terrible
BTBAM are touring the US and Canada (just Toronto and Montreal though) in January, then Europe around March or so.

They're with Scale the Summit and Cynic, should be a good show. Too bad I can't go...
Brian Aubert get's so into it.

then again I just plain love the silversun pickups. this post is bias
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by chrsaud
I did actually see Coldplay last summer in a big ampitheatre and I gotta give them credit. As much as I hate the song Viva la Vida and how they ripped it off Satch it was pretty awesome when you can't even here Chris Martin sing because the crowd is singing so loud. I enjoyed that. I'm not familiar with Senses Fail's music though

do you REALLY think they did that?
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
I know i will get shit for this, but John Mayer is coming to DC in February? does anyone think its worth it? I mean I give him credit for being one of the best mainstream musicians of the day...
Skillet. They put on the best show i've ever been to. They have a great stage presence, interacted with the crowd, and played great. I will definitely see them again soon.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Slayer is awesome, so is Behemoth, so is Weird Al...but I just love concerts in general so I like pretty much everybody...oh, and Pennywise was kickass when i saw them too...
GWAR = FAIL
Don't waste your money.

I personally liked Emilie Autumn and Ra.
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
Quote by chrsaud
I know i will get shit for this, but John Mayer is coming to DC in February? does anyone think its worth it? I mean I give him credit for being one of the best mainstream musicians of the day...
Go if you can, he's pretty wicked. Don't care how mainstream it is, he has some brilliant moments. Really should check out the Trio if you can though!

Also, Dillinger Escape Plan are fucking mental live, never seen anything like it. And Iron Maiden, but god knows if they're touring at the moment.
Quote by Pat_s1t
BTBAM are touring the US and Canada (just Toronto and Montreal though) in January, then Europe around March or so.

They're with Scale the Summit and Cynic, should be a good show. Too bad I can't go...

whoo i think ill be able to go, should be awesome
luvs some btbam and cynic
Quote by alexmonty12
Go if you can, he's pretty wicked. Don't care how mainstream it is, he has some brilliant moments. Really should check out the Trio if you can though!

Also, Dillinger Escape Plan are fucking mental live, never seen anything like it. And Iron Maiden, but god knows if they're touring at the moment.

I think I will go. My girlfriend loves him so I guess I can't lose. And if Maiden ever ended up playing near me i would definitely go. I would be really dissappointed if they didn't dress up like they used to though....
i hear Pearl Jam puts on a good show, and Metallica...

havent seen either
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
LAMB OF GOD ALL THE WAY!

But seriously, LOG has the greatest show ever. Pure metal. Mark Morton on the guitar dude is amazing. Shredding and riffin' and doing his little head bob. They're great live.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by mental_zer0
The Flaming Lips

there is no other, they are the greatest band in the history of ever as far as live performances goes.

here are clips from a show i went to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St9TVSS80Fs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR_LP49PQqw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNL2jKK3eCo&feature=related

Don't see them more than once. They don't really change their show at all.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by larrytheguitar
LAMB OF GOD ALL THE WAY!

But seriously, LOG has the greatest show ever. Pure metal. Mark Morton on the guitar dude is amazing. Shredding and riffin' and doing his little head bob. They're great live.

Yeah I'm kinda dissapointed in myself for not seeing them yet considering they are from my homestate and i really like music...
Quote by breakingxxcore
GWAR = FAIL
Don't waste your money.

i saw that
it was badass
Quote by breakingxxcore
GWAR = FAIL
Don't waste your money.

Isn't that the point of GWAR though?
Page 1 of 4