I have a fender acoustic that I want to start playing more, but the problem is that the action is to high =/, I've tried to fix it with an allen wrench but it doesn't seem to be working. Any other suggestions?
Follow me on twitter and junk @GodDammitZack
That would be because truss rod adjusts the neck relief, not the action.

You can adjust the action at the nut and at the saddle. I would guess the nut is probably fine, so here are the directions to adjust it at the saddle:

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Musician/Guitar/Setup/LowerAction/loweraction01.html

If you need to adjust your truss rod because you messed it up with your allen wrench, you can find directions at that same website.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
since you messed with your truss rod, chances are very good you'll need to fix the neck relief BEFORE you work on the action. are you sure the action is the problem? if you don't play much, chances are your fingers aren't as strong as they would be if you play more.

btw, i wouldn't guess the nut is fine. it never is on any of mine.
I have a cheap classical guitar and the action is very high 5mm by the 7th fret. Any suggestions on lowering the action? It has no truss rod.
Quote by pfsmass
I have a cheap classical guitar and the action is very high 5mm by the 7th fret. Any suggestions on lowering the action? It has no truss rod.

Take out the saddle, sand a little off the bottom, drop it back in, and you're good to go.
Quote by patticake

btw, i wouldn't guess the nut is fine. it never is on any of mine.

I've never had a problem with it on any of mine. Either way, action at the nut is not really a do-it-yourself kinda thing (since most people don't have the expensive tools to begin with).

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
all it takes is some very fine sandpaper. you pull out the nut, which should be either unglued or stuck on with a single drop of glue so it can be easily removed. then you very gently sand the bottom of the nut, drop it back in and voila! you don't mess with the slotted side at all.

Quote by roamingbard13
I've never had a problem with it on any of mine. Either way, action at the nut is not really a do-it-yourself kinda thing (since most people don't have the expensive tools to begin with).
My Fender accoustic was terrible from the off, the action was way too high. It was physically unplayable.

I took it to a local shop and let a pro sort it out for me. He charged my about £25 GBP to replace the bridge (it had cracked), sanded it down, adjusted the trus rod to suit, fitted some new strings and tuned it up.

It's such a beautiful guitar to play these days, for the sake of £25 it was well worth getting a pro to look at it.
-Keep on listening to the great Joe Strummer. Cos through music, we can live forever.