I'm a beginner but I'm getting better, anyways, I'm tired of my Fender "Starcaster" my dad bought me and my amp that doesn't even have a name? (wtf brandless? lol) I was thinking about getting the Ibanez RG321MH for $299 and I'm not sure about an amp, I don't want it to be too expensive because well im 16 and I don't have a job yet but I was going to do the thing Guitar Center offers and pay it off within 12 months, anyways... I play mostly metal if that helps

thanks for helping a newbie :P
I'd recommend that Ibanez or possibly an Ibanez RG2EX1 as a starter guitar. The lower end Schecter models would also work well. As for an amp, since you're playing mostly metal, you might want to look into the Roland Cube series. It gives you a couple of effects to toy with and some other modeling features, so you can experiment and find out what sound really works for you. That way, when you do come into some more money, you have an idea of what tone you might be looking for.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by snowolf9310
I'm a beginner but I'm getting better, anyways, I'm tired of my Fender "Starcaster" my dad bought me and my amp that doesn't even have a name? (wtf brandless? lol) I was thinking about getting the Ibanez RG321MH for $299 and I'm not sure about an amp, I don't want it to be too expensive because well im 16 and I don't have a job yet but I was going to do the thing Guitar Center offers and pay it off within 12 months, anyways... I play mostly metal if that helps

thanks for helping a newbie :P

For amp?

Budget?
Genres?
New or Used?
Home or Gig?
Current Gear? k
Closest City?

cube or vypyr are cool