I was doing a string change on my Floyd Rose equipped JS1200. I normally change 1 string at a time, tune it, change next string, etc. When all strings have been changed, I stretch the strings and lock down the nut plates and then use the fine tuners. For some reason, I could not get the strings to stay in tune after locking things down plus the bridge was really high up. I tried to release some of the tension on the bridge by loosening all the strings a bit which initially brought it flatter.

However, I still could not get the guitar in tune and now the bridge is now sunk deep in the body and trying to redo the strings has led to me busting two of them.

What should I do? Should I take all the strings off and try blocking the bridge up? Help!
Its always best to block the bridge up level if your going to remove all the strings. So if I were you I'd get some new strings and give it another go, with the bridge blocked.
Has happenned to me before. Took a couple of days for it to settle back in again.
Quote by Matt420740
Its always best to block the bridge up level if your going to remove all the strings. So if I were you I'd get some new strings and give it another go, with the bridge blocked.

Just to make sure I get it right- first block trem up to level, remove strings, install new strings but leave them loose so when I remove the block - it removes the remaining slack? Will I need to adjust the screws in the back?
Did you change string gauge when you replaced your strings? If not, then there's no reason to put on another pair of strings. Just remember that the tension on each string is relative to all of the other strings. First I'd recommend getting a rough tune...that is, tighten each tuner to the point where each string becomes fairly taut. You may need to repeat this process many times until each string is taut. Then, start to tune each individual string to pitch. Once again, you will have to do this multiple times as each other string will go out of tune slightly.

These are all pretty basic things when changing strings on a floyd. It's one of those things that you will struggle with the first couple times. Just stick with it, be patient and after a few times it will come naturally.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
it sounds like your new strings are thicker gauge than your previous set.

I block the bridge so that it's level with the guitar body (or where i want it when the guitar is tuned and ready to play). Then remove one string at a time and replace it. Then i tune the guitar to whatever tuning i want. If the bridge raises and the peice i used to block the floyd is loose (will fall out), i tighten the claw screws in the back.

IF the bridge is resting on the wood block and the block cannot be removed easily, loosen the screws in the back. you want it so that the block will slide out smoothly.

and bam, guitar is in tune
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Actually, I didn't change my string gauge which is why it is so frustrating. This is the 3rd string change that I have done since buying the guitar this summer and the other times went smoothly
i guess get a new set of strings, and follow my last post. it WILL get your guitar in tune.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's