Im looking for a good semi-hollow to mess around with as my main guitar is my esp ec-1000. Possibly pickup change if the stocks arent great. Im looking to spend around 300$.
Maybe for $300 you could find a used Hagstrom or a pawnshop special?

Other than that it's probably been covered.
Last edited by Sir Anonymous at Nov 16, 2009,
Quote by Sir Anonymous
Maybe for $300 you could find a used Hagstrom or a pawnshop special?

Other than that it's probably been covered.

i second getting a hagstrom. i've got a viking and i love it. not sure if you still can but you used to be able to find b-stocks on ebay for ridiculously low prices and i'm too lazy to check.
Hey there,
I know a thing or two about the Rondo guitars
The Harm sonically is more of a solid body, so if you are looking for semi hollow tone go for the AS series. The Agile AS series are excellent, if you've heard about the Agile Les Pauls, they are in the same league, great bang for you buck. One question though, what's your playing style? If it's low gain enough you can go for a full hollowbody.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
You also might be able to pick up an Epi WildKat used for $300. That's what I paid for mine (pawnshop). It is constructed more like a chambered solidbody with f-holes, than a laminate-constructed semi or full hollow. However, that can be a good thing in higher gain situations, as there is less feedback. Also, the body is not as large as a 335/Dot or the typical Gretsch-type guitar, although larger than an LP.

Epiphone Sheraton

Enough said.
Quote by ljohn
The thing is, in a band like chickenfoot, think of the JSX as a submarine and the Marshall as a plane. No matter how good the submarine is, it might be the perfect submarine, if you need a plane, a submarine ain't gonna do it for you.