Edit: Bumped for new, non-anniversary review. Scroll down, it's in a new post

------
No longer is a 15 watt Roland my only legitimate amp.

No more shall I need to use a Digitech RP-250 to get a bearable tone.

Finally, I shall join my Tube-based brethren.

Finally, I shall be able to play over a Heavy-metal drummer.

Finally, I shall be able to stand up proud, and shout out to the world:

HEY WORLD! MY AMP WEIGHS MORE THAN THE AVERAGE HIGH SCHOOL GIRL!

Give or take a few words, of course.

Hey guys, I got a new amp! It's a Randall MTS RM100 3-channel Combo with foot-pedal, for the low-low price of 850$ after tax (Pre-loaded with Recto, Ultra, and Brown modules!). For an additional 150$ after tax, I picked up a Plexi and JTM module, leaving me with a total price of 1,000$ for Randall's flagship 2x12 combo with 5 modules (valued at 219$ a piece new).
---
Specs:

PREAMP CHANNELS
3 Modular Channels

MASTER CONTROLS
Volume • Presence • Density

POWER AMP
All Tube • (4) JJ6L6GC Tubes

POWER OUTPUT
100 Watts

SPEAKERS
(2) 12” Celestion G12T-75

FEATURES

Series EFX Loop

Parallel EFX LoopFront Panel EFX Loop Mix Controls

MIDI In/Thru

Rear Panel Tube Bias Section

World Voltage Selector

RF3 MIDI Footswitch
---
I have yet to take pictures of it, but in their place, I give you the official picture from Randall, and sound clips from all of these modules!

Recto Clip
Brown clip
JTM clip
Ultra clip
Plexi clip

What am I looking forward to most with this amp? I think it's gotta be the mods; there is a huge community of people who mod the preamps on these to get great copies of other fantastic amps; here is one of my personal favorites (A mod designed to mimic a SLO100 from Soldano. Also, this is probably the best example of the amp's sound, as youtube tends to compress audio into shit, as we all know!)

Pete's Soldano mod: SLODANO
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
Last edited by Phantom123 at May 28, 2010,
Schweet...

soo err... where's the pics or the clipporz?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I feel like this is too well-composed to be real. It feels like an advertisement for this Randall instead of, "Hey look at me, I just got this new amp!" and we all go "HNAD!!" I'd report it, but I really can't tell of any violations. I'm on to you...
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
I haven't got a working camera, so I posted the one big one, and the clips are in the links below it.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
No, I won't buy a Randall...

Wait, this isn't a sales pitch?

err, HNAD I guess.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
No, I won't buy a Randall...

Wait, this isn't a sales pitch?

err, HNAD I guess.

You just made my day in ways of which you have no idea.

Edit: And this seriously isn't a sales pitch (Check my old posts to see the lead up to this). My friends have been calling me "the consummate salesman", ironically.

As for why it's so detailed, I hate NAD's where they just say "yay it's here" and show maybe a pic. I like to hear it, and to know why it sounds (if it does sound) good. Specs tend to prove that. Thus...
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
Last edited by Phantom123 at Nov 15, 2009,
Holy shit.

You got all of that... NEW... for $1000?!?!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Holy shit.

You got all of that... NEW... for $1000?!?!

Yup And in person to boot, so no shipping. A store liquidated, and PASSED THE SAVINGS ON TO ME WOOOOOOOO *Wacky zany Inflatable arm-waving tube man*
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
Longview, Texas. All of this came with the warranty, too
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
Background searched OP. Got his IP. Tracked it to a location in Mundelein, IL.

OP works for Randall. No one wish him HNAD.
Quote by iforgot120
Background searched OP. Got his IP. Tracked it to a location in Mundelein, IL.

Oooooook... talk about stalking....
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
The hell? I live in Tyler Texas O.o Also, you're banned, so I don't think you're a credible source XD
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
Months later, the review continues...!

Well, I thought about it, and it seemed like a good idea. The main problem most NAD's have is that they seem to be far too happy with whatever they got, just because it's a NEW amp. Time to see if it stacks up...

Build quality: Well, it's been roughly seven full months, and it gets played somewhere between an hour and a half to two hours daily. How many tubes have I gone through (Preamp included)? None! This was kind of unexpected. The amp is still solid as a rock, and I don't know that I COULD break it if I tried. At minimum, I can stack around 4-500 pounds onto it and it won't damage the wheels. Why this works, I have no idea, but it does. ANYWAYS... Speaker is broken in now. It still works! Build quality is an A+, I guess :P

Tone: I still really like the sound on this amp. Actually, I might say I like that more now than I did when I got it, since it's been better EQ'd now. Anything I've said about the tone efore is accurate, if I said anything in a thread. As for the versatility my only real issue is that I have an overwhelming tendency to rely on the Brown module, and just use volume control =P I suppose that's the fate of someone who uses their guitar's volumes, and that I'd survive with a one channel amp. On a side note, these things clean up very well, and even when NOT all the way down on the volume, the inbetween sounds great. I have nothing to say, it just sounds good.

Can I get the ladies with this amp?: Yes. That is all.

Would I buy it again?: Probably not, actually. At least, not this model. I'd either go for a smaller wattage RM20, or an RM22 two channel head. If I had to buy fresh modules too, I likely wouldn't at all. I love the MTS series, but it's a lot of money to plug down if you aren't going to use multiple modules for versatility, and I don't know that I really need it. Aside from a nice jazzy clean and a good distortion, I never really need hugely high gain. I'd probably buy a high quality small amp, like a budda SD 18, a Soldano Astroverb, or if I spent a lot, a Fargen miniplex II.

So... Does it hold up after the honeymoon?: Yeah, it pretty much does. It's not a flawless amp, but it's still one of the best I've ever played, including my fair share of boutique (though that could just be my few lucky modules). It's a great amp, and I would still recommend it to anyone.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic