1 20%
Dual Terror
1 20%
Tiny Terror: Hardwired Edition
2 40%
Other
1 20%
Voters: 5.
I'm considering getting a Tiny Terror. I like how they sound. I love how they're both vintage and modern but which should I get? There's the original Tiny Terror, Dual Terror, and the TT Hardwired Edition. As a gigging and home-practice amp, which is best? I heard the Jule mod and Mercury Magnetics transformer on the regular TT and I thought those improved the tone a lot. The Dual Terror has an upgraded transformer but that's probably due to the 30 Watts instead of 15. Is it fair to assume that they're the same quality? I also hear that the TT sounds so good because of the simple circuitry. So you lose out on that with the DT. On the other hand, the TT Hardwired Edition is just a TT with an better transformer, premium components, hand-wired, and no PCB board. I'm leaning towards the Hardwired Edition, but it's $1,059. At that price, there's probably a couple other low-wattage amps to look at that I'm not aware of. It needs to be loud enough to gig with, moderately high gain (not modern metal but 80s hair metal territory), and just sound good and raw.
wall of text doom!

d00d... please... paragraphs...

I'd take the Tiny Terror... didn't like the 2nd channel on the Dual Terror.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Nov 15, 2009,
Quote by JELIFISH19
Original or Hardwired?

Original... I've not heard that many issues with regards to the Original TT... so I doubt Hardwired'll make a massive difference...

Unless its an amp you'll keep for life... then maybe hardwired... but honestly... I don't see a massive difference in tone.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.