I just picked up a floor demo model from Guitar Center. It was the only one they had and I got about $70 off the regular $349 price. I'm noticing a hissing/slight buzz as my chords fade out. My noise gate crapped out on me the other day so I can't see if it will take care of this. Just worried there might be something wrong with it. I am playing my PRS SE22 drop tuned to a Bb. I set the guitar up with a high action to avoid fret buzz because of the low tuning. I am running it through the set of Boss pedals in my signature set up in series. Noise is the same with pedals on or off. Seems more pronounced at higher volumes. Any ideas?
Ihor

<current gear>
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
PRS SE Custom 22
Washburn D10SK Acoustic
Peavey XXX Super 40
Boss NS-2, TU-2, MT-2, DS-1, SD-1
If it matters, my equipment is hooked like this: Guitar>SD1>TU2>DS1>Amp
Ihor

<current gear>
PRS SE Custom 22
Washburn D10SK Acoustic
Peavey XXX Super 40
do you play in high gain? i assume so. It could be the fuzz coming from high gain without a noise gate
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
Not sure, I'm still playing with the settings. I am not certain what channel I was on. It does sound like fuzz.
Ihor

<current gear>
PRS SE Custom 22
Washburn D10SK Acoustic
Peavey XXX Super 40
Plug the guitar straight into the amp and see if it still does it, just for the heck of it.
Took the pedals out of the equation and ran the guitar straight to the amp. No difference. I tried it with my other guitar that has lower action and standard tuning, and got the same exact thing. It sounds more like an electronic buzz than anything. Its more pronounced on the low strings. I took the amp back. The didn't have any more in stock and said about 3-4 weeks before they did. I just decided to return it. I'm debating now if I should just wait, look if there are any at Sam Ashe, or just get something else all together.
Ihor

<current gear>
PRS SE Custom 22
Washburn D10SK Acoustic
Peavey XXX Super 40
Last edited by silver93t at Nov 16, 2009,