On my profile. Please critique, bearing in mind that it's not finished and that despite what that recording sounds like, I do have chops. Thanks.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Idk where to start. First it kinda just jumps right into it, so it confused the hell out of me for a sec, but after a while I got the jist of what was being played. Its all over the place man, I wouldent call it much of a riff, more like a solo. I would try less notes per minute, sometimes its not about speed, but dynamics. I sometimes try to get speed over dynamics, but I typically fail when I do try.

I'm sure you could get the speed and dynamics at the same time, but sometimes less is more. I would like to see where you take this idea though, it seems like a good idea.

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1231088
Already did. Thanks for the tip.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Pretty interesting sounding. Kinda mathcore ish.
It started of real nice but I think you should've skipped the pentatonic wankage at the end.
I would slo down the first riff thing a bit, it felt kinda sped up as it is right now.
I guess it's the drums that give it that effect.
If it had metal sounding drums, it might sound pretty thrashy. But with these funky drums, I'm definatyl getting a mathcore vibe.
I definately agree...sounds very mathcore and a bit prog rock. and also like what you'd hear on a video game or something. Very interesting to listen to though and there some cool bits in it. All guitar wankery is unecessary but has to be done :P.

I'd try slowing it down a bit, it might give it more of a structured feel as it is quite, not sloppy, but a little all over the place. The playing it's self is tight though...you do have chops.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
the hi-hat is a great effect for the song, and as it's been said b4 slow the tempo down a bit imo
Thanks for the help. I have 1 question, though: What's mathcore?
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

Mathcore is a rhythmically complex and dissonant style of metalcore :P
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08