ok, so im wanting to finally build a pedalboard, so im wanting a good delay, but im unsure on a few things. i know im probably wanting a tap tempo function on it, and i like the sound of a warm analog delay, but im wanting to do some crazy textural stuff ala u2, so im thinking i may need a digital one. i love the look of the empress superdelay, but its 450$ im thinking like 150 max. i found a couple used boss dd-20s for 140ish, or im thinking maybe just finding a cheap dd3 or dd7, but then i also love the look of the memory man with harazai and deluxe memory man. also, im wondering if you can use the vibrato and chorus on that without delay? also the memory boy looks good, especially with a footswitch, but i dont think it has tap or reverse delay.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

anyone?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99

The DD-7 is wonderful. I own one, and couldn't be happier. The DD-20 isn't much more, so I'd go with that if you can.
my stock answer for damn near anything boss related: if you get it, send it to keeley so he can clean it up-->use better components = lower noise, better response in the extremeties of your EQ band.

also, you listed some very different delays... do you know the difference between analog and digital? digi will get you some of the crazy rythm stuff the edge is famous for, but the sound quality typically suffers. digi's are, for the vast majority, cold and stale exacting replications of what you played into them. that sounds like a harsh description, but they're built that way for a reason. Analog delays arewarmer and more ambient, and they add a unique texture to your tone; however, they are less pronounced = extreme settings needed to achieve the same rythmic qualities.
How much will a Deluxe Memory Boy be when they come out? That's analog with tap tempo, I'd save up a bit more for that.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
I dig my carbon copy, takes a while to feel the function of the controls but once you do u can really get some cool delays and also trippy sounds. Hehe if that's part of your creativity.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
why not get 2 since it seems like you want 2 different things?

get a digi delay for your taps and reverses and your untalented edge sounds (sorry i can't stand that he uses the same riff in everything... just in a different key... but i digress [sorry for bash])

and get an analog for the warmer delay.

Personally I traded in my dd6 for a carbon copy because i like the warmer delays better, and the cool rhythmic stuff is only good for a song or 2 (unless your the untalented edge [god i gotta stop doing that... sorry]).

Edge uses 2 Memory Man pedals ($313.50 on zzounds)
I think you could get away with a DD3 ($109.95 on zzounds)
and a carbon copy ($149.95 on zzounds)

or ebay for better prices...
well, im wondering if the memory man with harazai would be a good compromise. or that deluxe memory boy looks really nice too. decisions decisions
Quote by Soma3009

Quote by saintjimmy99