Well, soon I'll buy a new guitar(schecter damien 6 fr), and I noticed that it has a Licensed Floyd Rose Tremolo. I've heard that they are much like Ibanez's Edge III, that they are a bit bad and that they don't stay in tune.

I ask this to know if Floyd Rose Licenseds are really that bad?I mean, anything is better than my current Yamaha Gigmaker's fixed bridge, but I don't want to spend money in something that will not be as good as I expect or that will cause a lot of problems.

Hope you can tell me how they really are.
they arent like originals but they get the job done id say
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
i have a damien fr and ill tell you from my own expierience that it stays in tune very well. i wail on this thing and it stays in tune for days, and thats after playing for about 3-4 hours daily.
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Make sure you keep it set up properly when you change tuning or string gauge and you'll be fine!
My knife edge is getting dull after 3-4 years of good usage. Like, it won't return to an exact middle floating position, so I'll either be 10 cents sharp or 10 cents flat depending on whether I move the bar up or down. Kinda sucks, but other than that, it's been REALLY reliable
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
Depends on who the manufacturer is really - I've found that the schaller and jackson models are very close to the originals in terms of reliability and action.

You basically get different quality metals, with the lower quality models deteriorating at a faster rate.
Quote by haz_uk
Depends on who the manufacturer is really - I've found that the schaller and jackson models are very close to the originals in terms of reliability and action.

You basically get different quality metals, with the lower quality models deteriorating at a faster rate.

+1 Their are a bunch of quality licenced floyd roses out there that will rival the OFR any day of the week and some users prefer the feel of them over the OFR but that's just preferences.
It all depends on the guitar, the cheaper LFR usually are on really low end guitars but there are lots of good ones out there. Some LFR do not have hardened fulcrum points (knife edges) those are the ones that usually wear away very fast. Some LFR manufacturers do harden the fulcrum points. LFR or OFR you need to maintain them to keep them working well. Keeping it set up right doesn't hurt. I have guitars with both LFR and OFR and aside from some subtle differences they all work well.

John
i think just about any floating bridge will work great as long as you take care of it. the one thing you can't help, like somebody else said, is that the knife edges will wear down with use. there's not a whole you can do to prevent that besides not using the bridge. i think you'll be just fine with that bridge!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I don't know that any are bad, but some of them are certainly better than others. And if you don't like it, you can always replace it with a top-of-the-line FR unit.
I had a licenced on my Jackson before and it was ok but I noticed the posts were scraped from adjusting the action a lot with it tuned up I guess, pretty huge gouges actually.
Kramer LFR 2 years-no problem
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
It depends.

A few are definitely good; The Schaller LFR and the Gotoh LFR, the Ibanez original Edge and Lo Pro Edge, the Ibanez Edge Pro, the Jackson JT580, JT580LP, and JT590 (which is really just a rebranded Schaller LFR), and the Floyd Rose Special.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by nedthehead
My knife edge is getting dull after 3-4 years of good usage. Like, it won't return to an exact middle floating position, so I'll either be 10 cents sharp or 10 cents flat depending on whether I move the bar up or down. Kinda sucks, but other than that, it's been REALLY reliable

just pointing out that at this point blocking the tremolo will fix tuning issues (although making the trem unusable). SO even if it does wear down it will still work fine provided you block the trem.
I friend of mine has a Jackson/Charvel Kelly Professional from 1990ish. The LFR on that guitar still works fine. You can abuse the bar all you want and the guitar stays in tune.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...