Alrighty then so, i'm currently looking for "My" Guitar. I mean I don't think my guitars suck at all, it's just none of them I particularly like. So what Im looking for a guitar with playability as well as tone. I need a guitar that has a lot of balls behind of it, but at the same time when put clean can sound incredible. A very versatile guitar basically. Now I've played an Ibanez part of the S series (not sure which one in particular) and the way it plays is absolutely incredible, movement up and down the neck is so simple yet at the same time is incredible to play.

Now for price. I'm not saying it has to be between any two prices, but it does have to be reasonable. It's somewhat of a "my goal" guitar if you get me.

Specs wise I do not care, it can have a hard-tail, a string-thru, a tailpiece I don't care what it is, I'm looking for easy playability (according to what YOU've experienced) as well as a ballsy tone. So tell me what YOU guys thing.
Well I have played a few Ibanez but I love my Ibanez Iceman. It has 22 frets. No tremolo. Channel switcher. 2 volume, 2 tone knobs. It's my personal favorite.

Oh and it was under $1000. Like 700 or 800 I think.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
I've actually seen iceman's I love the way they look, never actually have had the chance to play one though :\ there's a very cheap one at my local music store which plays pretty good but...when plugged sounds like garbage.

Oh I must've played a very cheap one in that case...the one I played was close to 230, It may have been used but whatever it was had a very ugly paintjob. Playability was awesome though like i said.
Last edited by SGlover69 at Nov 16, 2009,
i personally like a thick neck so I got an SG. the tone is plenty ballsy and it has 2 tone and volume controls. if you get it set up for coil splitting then you have yourself one versatile guitar.
i got a Ibanez RGEX41 and it is exactly what u r explaining. i would definitely look at the Ibanez RG's if i were u
Quote by BryceIbanez17
i got a Ibanez RGEX41 and it is exactly what u r explaining. i would definitely look at the Ibanez RG's if i were u

Hm...see that's the thing It's been a while but I thought RG's weren't that good of guitars?

Quote by loudog93
i personally like a thick neck so I got an SG. the tone is plenty ballsy and it has 2 tone and volume controls. if you get it set up for coil splitting then you have yourself one versatile guitar.

The SG would be my guitar, but im sorry to contradict my name SG's are sort of...i dunno anymore.
THIS is your guitar!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATOMIC-CUSTOM-GUITARS-STD2-USA-Handmade-Electric-Guitar_W0QQitemZ230393394449QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item35a4843511

heres why, its got BALLS and BALLS to spare, tonally. passive pickups for versatility (duncan jb & jazz) with a 5 way switch. maple/maple neck, and the whole thing is HAND MADE so its DEAD ON BALLS accurate and plays killer.

where else are you going to be able to get a handmade in the USA guitar for under $1000?
Quote by SGlover69
Hm...see that's the thing It's been a while but I thought RG's weren't that good of guitars?

RGs are great in a certain range. You can get old RG550s, RG570s, RG770s, and other MIJ RGs or you can go the new Prestige route. But those start at $1000. JEMs, PGMs, and JPGs are just RGs with different options.

If you like Ibanez, look into that. What's your pricerange? Reasonable can mean many things. Reasonable for me is under $1500.
Gibson SG,

now go sell a kidney..
If you want to get laid, go to college,
If you want education go to a library

-Frank Zappa-
HSS strat all day, amazing cleans but PLENTY of balls when needed
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Schecter C-1 Classic, can pull off any sound and do it well. Mahogany body, 24 frets. 25.5 scale, string-thru. New they go for $700-ish and you can find them used for $350-$450. Neck isn't too fat or too thin and they're smooth to play.
Quote by SGlover69
I need a guitar that has a lot of balls behind of it, but at the same time when put clean can sound incredible.

Personally, i'd say Paul Reed Smith. Singlecut or Custom.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
If I got a dime for everytime someone used the word balls on this page I would be able to buy all of the mentioned guitars. :P
Suhr is the way for you by the sounds of it. Fantastic tone, playability and just as importantly - value for money. I can vouch for all 3, and I've not even got one of the higher spec models.