I would like to add a bit of delay to my sound (and quite a bit for fun stuff). I'm deciding mostly between the TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay, the Boss DD7, and MXRs carbon copy. The Nova would be my first pick, but it's pretty damn expensive and I don't know if I'd need all the stuff it can do (and wouldn't fit as well in my pedal case). The DD7 does quite a bit, and the MXR apparently sounds nicer because it is analog. I don't like how the MXR can't tap tempo. It's being run into a 6505+. Any thoughts or other suggestions?
I'd say analyze exactly what you need. Buying a pedal that doesn't have as much power/capabilites as you need is very frustrating. If you need good sound and only 700ms, I think, of delay then go with the carbon copy. If you need a lot more delay time go with the DD-7. I would strongly recommend the DD-3 though. The pedal doesn't do much but it can most likely fill your need. Like I said before, analyze what you need.
Nova Repeater perhaps? I don't think it's much more than a carbon copy, if at all.
I have a huge fear if rays.
cc is muddy, into a 6505 = reeeally muddy.

analog delay isn't typically the "fun" rythmic delay, it's the sweet textural one.

digital delays get you the crazy rythm feel... they're cold, stale, exact copies of the part you played set to a decay.

and if you go with ANY of the boss delays, send 'em to Keeley so he can clean 'em up.
I prefer digital delays over analog ones, but believe me, the DD7 is way to digital sounding. The DD-3 in my opinion is far superior. I can also live with a DD-6, but the DD-7 is really bad tbh. And trust me, you won't use tap tempo the way you think you would. the idea is good, but utilizing correctly it onstage is nearly impossible. MXR is nice and sweet but it sounds muddied up.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by coolbeverage
I would like to add a bit of delay to my sound (and quite a bit for fun stuff). I'm deciding mostly between the TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay, the Boss DD7, and MXRs carbon copy. The Nova would be my first pick, but it's pretty damn expensive and I don't know if I'd need all the stuff it can do (and wouldn't fit as well in my pedal case). The DD7 does quite a bit, and the MXR apparently sounds nicer because it is analog. I don't like how the MXR can't tap tempo. It's being run into a 6505+. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

im also in the market for a good delay myself,ive tried all three pedals myself. i guess its a matter of taste but, i liked the dd7 the most. The nova was my first pick as well but i was disappointed. i had the dd3 awhile back and i loved it but..i had a phase and ending up getting ride of it for new gear
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
Quote by dogtags99
im also in the market for a good delay myself,ive tried all three pedals myself. i guess its a matter of taste but, i liked the dd7 the most. The nova was my first pick as well but i was disappointed. i had the dd3 awhile back and i loved it but..i had a phase and ending up getting ride of it for new gear

haha yeah. The dd3 is really good. It's IMO the best delay pedal money can buy for under $150. If you have more money go for the Line 6 DL4. That thing can do basically everything. also heard good things of the vintage Ibanez digital delays like the DDL's and the DL10.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Hardwire DL-8. The only pedal I'd have over mine is the Nova Repeater and that's only just barely.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by apak
haha yeah. The dd3 is really good. It's IMO the best delay pedal money can buy for under $150. If you have more money go for the Line 6 DL4. That thing can do basically everything. also heard good things of the vintage Ibanez digital delays like the DDL's and the DL10.

yeah man biggest mistake i made, regret it to this day. i checked the Line 6 DL4 on you tube...i guess it was a bad demo i didnt like it to much ill have to try it out in person i guess..i tried looking for the other two i couldnt find them on line
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
Quote by iforgot120
Keeley mods DD-3s?

yes. so does analogman.

and i gotta ask, wtf does "more digital" mean? they're both digital delays, that's what they ARE!
Out of your listings, the Nova Delay is the obvious winner. Its very, very versatile, has presets, and sounds fantastic. Id say to go with that one, and if you find that you dont use most of the features, you could sell it and get something more specific to your needs.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product.asp?id=4038

2 great delay models and a looper for assing about.

Win win. Better than the boss, not sure bout the CC, but they get pretty mixed reviews.

Nova delay is more than likely better, but its an extra £100.
^ I'd recommend the Headrush as well. Plenty of options, including tap-tempo, and sounds pretty clean and nice.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
The Nova dealy was a BIG let down for me. The DD-7 was OK but like alot of other people I went back to my old DD-3. Then i picked up Maxon AD-900 Game Over the Sweetest analog delay i've ever heard.
Quote by mmjohn
The Nova dealy was a BIG let down for me. The DD-7 was OK but like alot of other people I went back to my old DD-3. Then i picked up Maxon AD-900 Game Over the Sweetest analog delay i've ever heard.

Maxon AD-999? agreed! same one I use for my lead channel.
I find it really interesting that a lot of people like the DD3 more than the DD7, I've never tried both side by side, I just know that the DD7 has more feature stuff. I think the DD3 might be a wise choice for me...since the local stores here don't sell the other brands you guys listed . It would do the job for what I'd be using it for...I just think the TC Nova one is damn cool and I could play around with the sounds for hours. I dunno I guess I'm still not entirely sure. (another thing to consider is that the DD3 is within christmas present price, hah)
Thanks for all the responses by the way