So this is my latest piece, Danza De Los Tontos, which translates as Dance of the Fools. It's supposed to represent beauty in the form of a wild Spanish-influenced dance. I added a modern, dissonant twist to the Spanish essence in order to convey a sense of escapism and tension.

This piece is very weird compared to my other stuff, so I'm not expecting everyone to like it. I used the dissonance in a way that I felt was interesting and conveyed the emotions I intended. I also used it as a rhythmic device, the tension between notes becoming more rhythmic than harmonic. I characterize this piece as developing like a classical piece but with a rock sound, considering it's an electric and acoustic guitar duet.

The piece is in my profile and on my ReverbNation page. Please C4C! Thanks!
Roll off a bit on the acoustic treble, other than that nice job. Interesting juxtaposition at times, although the electric was sometimes overpowering. Other than that, I really liked it.
Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1231286
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Well, I kinda feel I lack the knowledge to do a more in-depth crit of this, so I guess I´ll just have to go on opinion/impression.

Nice use of dissonance throughout, I like the general quite hectic feel contrasted by other parts.

Love the resolve at 1:36.

2:30 is great as well, the follow-up from 2:50 onwards got a bit on my nerves though - the chord progression got a bit old and until 3:20 nothing really had my interest, although the contrast the part provided towards the other parts was good in itself.

Towards the end, things flowed well - the muted notes at 4:09 was brilliant.

Oh well, sorry if this wasn´t the most helpful crit, that was just all I could think off. On the practical side of things though, the guitar tone on the acoustic was rather annoying and also felt slightly out of tune, or maybe I´m just imagining things.
Thanks guys! Yeah, I was trying to keep the impact of the acoustic because I was trying to accentuate the rhythm of it with this piece, but I guess it ended up sounding too trebely and annoying. I'll have to keep that in mind next time haha. Maybe if re-mix it I'll fix it, but right now that's a lot of work :O

2:30 is great as well, the follow-up from 2:50 onwards got a bit on my nerves though - the chord progression got a bit old and until 3:20 nothing really had my interest, although the contrast the part provided towards the other parts was good in itself.

Yeah I have a feeling this part is the most hit or miss. I was using a falling ii-V progression, adding traces of melody on top while the instruments switch back and forth. I personally like it a lot, so it's not going to be removed haha, but I do see what you mean. If you have any ideas on how to take whats there and maybe improve it so you would find it more interesting, I'd be happy to listen!