So yeah, I've never really used guitar pro to write songs, just learn them, and here's my first attempt.

I've not got a-lot of musical knowledge, but I'm trying to get there with it, I wanted to go and do music technology at college if I felt good enough come next september.

Let me know if I did okay, badly, or good, or whatever. Just opinions would be nice.

Thanks

By the way, this song focuses on a small bass diddly I came up with ages ago, but couldnt think what to do with when I was in my small rock band, couldnt find a way to make it comfortable, used to be higher tempo than what it is in the GUitar Pro, but personally, I'm proud of my attempt xD
Attachments:
mattssong2Final.gp5
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 BCH
Stagg 5-String
Vintage 4-String MusicMan Copy
Riks 4-String Sunburst
Fender CD60 Acoustic Guitar
Epiphone Special 2 6-String Guitar

Fender Rumble 60 Watt

Boss ME-50B
Boss ODB-3
Last edited by SirPsychoTheSex at Nov 16, 2009,
If thats your first time using guitar pro you've done really well, just a few incomplete bars near the end. When i first started using the program there were incomplete bars from start to finish. The bass line is generally good, does tend to repeat alot but i'd imagine that wouldnt matter so much with vocals on a proper recording.
Can't really think of what else to say it's a solid first attempt and you'll pick up little tricks here and there by repeated use of the software, good stuff.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Aye, the bassline is intended to repeat. Don't know why, it just seemed like a solid backdrop to the song, so I kept it there on repeat to sorta, keep it standard, like, verse, chorus, verse, whatever, if you see what Im getting at.

But thanks for the feedback =]
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 BCH
Stagg 5-String
Vintage 4-String MusicMan Copy
Riks 4-String Sunburst
Fender CD60 Acoustic Guitar
Epiphone Special 2 6-String Guitar

Fender Rumble 60 Watt

Boss ME-50B
Boss ODB-3
it's.... Not very progressive; Got very boring with the repetitive nature of the song, and slow slides. Not my genre I guess; But you could spice it up with varying melodies and note values I guess.
Nice job for a first song on Guitar pro. The use of the same progression for the whole song was pretty lame though. Could have used a bit more variation.
Check out my band Disturbed
Well done. However it sounded pretty boring, and after a while I found it annoying.