Page 1 of 2
www.thisman.org

It's a site depicting the picture of a man that has been seen by many different people worldwide, in their dreams. Have you seen him? His face seems very familiar to me. I don't know if it's real or fake, but it's creepy anyways.

HISTORY

"In January 2006 in New York, the patient of a well-known psychiatrist draws the face of a man that has been repeatedly appearing in her dreams. In more than one occasion that man has given her advice on her private life. The woman swears she has never met the man in her life.

That portrait lies forgotten on the psychiatrist's desk for a few days until one day another patient recognizes that face and says that the man has often visited him in his dreams. He also claims he has never seen that man in his waking life.

The psychiatrist decides to send the portrait to some of his colleagues that have patients with recurrent dreams. Within a few months, four patients recognize the man as a frequent presence in their own dreams. All the patients refer to him as THIS MAN.

From January 2006 until today, at least 2000 people have claimed they have seen this man in their dreams, in many cities all over the world: Los Angeles, Berlin, Sao Paulo, Tehran, Beijing, Rome, Barcelona, Stockholm, Paris, New Dehli, Moskow etc.

At the moment there is no ascertained relation or common trait among the people that have dreamed of seeing this man. Moreover, no living man has ever been recognized as resembling the man of the portrait by the people who have seen this man in their dreams. "
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
Last edited by Svennz at Nov 16, 2009,
i don't think i've had the pleasure
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
That's a pretty generic face if you ask me. Well, I guess most faces are generic. Can't say I've ever seen that face.

Edit:

I'd be more concerned if I saw this man in my dream.

Last edited by Daffodil Lament at Nov 16, 2009,
Yeah seems weird, I'm sure they only think they dream about him when shown that picture though. His face is creepy, the proportions in it are weird.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Supposedly, it was drawn by a psychologist's patient who had a recurring dream
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
Looks like the b*stard love child of Andrew Loyd Webber.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
it's the generic 'i just jizzed in my pants' face
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
Lemme sleep on it...
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
I'm pretty sure that's my old maths teacher...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
*clicks link*

JESUS!!!

...take this to the nightmare inducement thread...
this face
Attachments:
1255651324208.jpg
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
Quote by DREAM IMITATION THEORY
This is a scientific psycho-sociological theory which claims that this phenomenon has arisen casually and has progressively developed by imitation. Basically when people are exposed to this phenomenon they become so deeply impressed that they start seeing this man in their dreams.

They basically acknowledged this might be total bull. WTF?
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
I know that guy ! He handed me a lollypop when I was a kid and asked me to

..........................O_O
[IMG]http://www.sickonthebus.com/images/hell_skull_index.jpg[/IMG]
Never seen him.

May I note that the picture on the page appears to be a photograph, not a drawing.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Andy Kaufman?

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
Andy Kaufman?

holy crap, it is!
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by isildurs_bane
this face

Parody of the smile.jpg..

the smile.jpg has been in my dreams. Haunting them.. I hate myself for ever staring at that pic.. It tells me to kill myself =/

Seriously though, I've dreamt about the smile.jpg, but not under those circumstances. :>

However, "this man"-thing, you all know it's Newman.

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people.. Otherwise, there would be no religious people."
SO a bunch of people in a psychiatric wards all have seen this one face once suggested to them. That's absolutly amazing and obviously not just crazy people being crazy.
I have seen a few people with the same sort of eye/eyebrow sort of dimensions, but he really reminds me of this dude-

WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
"I have never had homosexual relationships or even fantasies. But I dream about having sexing with this man all the time. I must admit he has a lot of imagination and he pleases me. Sometimes when I wake up I discover I have had a nocturnal emission."

They tried cloning Dr Phil and MJ and this is the freakish result..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Reminded me of that teacher Lisa gets a crush on in the Simpsons..

Probably looks completely different but it's the first thing that came to mind.

EDIT:

Last edited by Bearded_Seth at Nov 16, 2009,
"I have never had homosexual relationships or even fantasies. But I dream about having sexing with this man all the time. I must admit he has a lot of imagination and he pleases me. Sometimes when I wake up I discover I have had a nocturnal emission."

I believe that's called nightfall and not "a creepy guy comes in my dreams and sexes me".
Nope, doesn't even look vaguely familiar.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Some people seem to believe that behind this man there is a mental conditioning plan developed by a major corporation.

Oh yes...?

To be honest, though, the proportions of his face and expression are almost normal enough to be real but are slightly out of sync, which makes him quite disturbing to look at (the same way the picture of Margeret Thatcher with the inverted eyes is).
What makes it creepier is, I had this awful recurring nightmare as a kid where this man from some kindergarten would come to our house to persuade mum to let me go. I always had this feeling that if I went, I wouldn't be able to come home. I saw the picture of this man and he instantly reminded me of that man.

Ergo, my bet's on the 'daytime recognition' theory.

New theory to add to the list: my nightmares almost always occurred on full moons. Anyone noticed yet how moon-like his face is?
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Page 1 of 2