Summary: I bought a wireless guitar unit from eBay that worked but was nowhere near as "professional" and functional as its description claimed it was, so I left negative feedback on the guy's page because it really didn't deserve any better. He emailed me saying that I wasn't allowed to purchase anything from the "300 sellers" of his "company" ever again, which I wouldn't have ever wanted to do again, anyway. He was also obviously intentionally waiting for me to rate him first, even though I paid literally immediately (as it wasn't an auction). Since sellers can't rate buyers badly, he shouldn't be able to unwarrantedly retaliate somehow. Phew.

Soooo, I bought a really dodgy wireless guitar unit (which would normally be priced at $400+, so this was clearly of inferior quality, but it claimed to be "professional") from some seedy eBay dealer from Hong Kong. As expected, it worked, but not very well, which didn't match the product description.

Thus, I left feedback explaining that it was of poor quality, and then the guy sent me an email basically saying it was my problem and that his "company" of "over 300 sellers" would not do business with me again. Hah! Fools! Now I'm glad I gave him 1/5 ratings for all of the aspects. Hurrah for sellers not being able to negatively rate buyers! They have lost a valuable customer who would never have bought anything ever again from them, anyway! Also, their accusatory attitude is quite poor!

I see that they had purposely refrained from rating me positively, even though I paid immediately. It seems quite bitter and trivial to simply wait for the other party to rate you positively first and then return the favour, rather than honestly list things as they are. Psht. People are silly.

Anyway, while I knew that it wouldn't be absolutely great, I'm kind of a fan of doing stuff randomly, so I decided to just try it to see what it would be like. Basically, while some kind of sound does come out of the amp when you use it, it's extremely soft and weak, and keeps flickering whenever you move around, which is the precise point of obtaining a wireless guitar unit. However, when distortion is added to the mix, the levels jump to an insanely high volume. It's just weird.

That's just my short eBay rant. It seemed like pretty darn horrible customer service for that guy to email me (outside of eBay, too) just to bitterly say that I wasn't welcome to shop with them any more, blah blah blah. What the heck? If anything, he should have just ignored it or tried to resolve the issue or something so that I might ask to remove the feedback or something. Pah. I'm glad I don't use eBay much.
Last edited by zephyrclaw at Nov 16, 2009,
I do apologise for this, but

on topic though, definitely bummed to hear that you just wasted $300.
I've had a few of my mates ask me about wireless units (a topic I know little about) but I told them to go to a reputable shop and get a moderately priced one at least, or something like this would happen.

Does the unit work at all? or is it just fully pfft.... material?
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
No no, don't worry! It was only AU$40, which why I was tempted to buy it just for fun (normally it'd be worth $400-ish, hence the relative saving). Thus, I kind of had a hunch that it would be inferior, but the description said otherwise, so I tried it just out of curiosity.

Thanks for the concern, though. =D

It works, but not very well at all; the signal's very weak, so the comparison with a real wireless unit is probably even worse than a walkie-talkie to a mobile phone.

The picture's definitely appropriate, though. It sums up eBay quite nicely. XD
you could always hook up the brains of a walkie talkie to your guitar's output, wape down the send button then hook the other one up to your amp. same effect, i reckon.

Thank god it was really cheap tho. jesus i was worried for a bit there.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Can't say I have used eBay before. My mate bought a guitar from there once though. And it just didn't show up. So yeah, the whole deal seems pretty dodgy to me.

Bad luck broseph. No great loss if it was only 40 bucks though.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Yeah my dad uses eBay frequently and he keeps ranting about how they've changed it so you can't give a buyer bad feedback. I don't have much experience with it though.
Wait, if you were selling something how would you give a buyer feedback anyway? "He sent me the correct amount of money 5/5". I don't get it.
Quote by 8footsativaist
I do apologise for this, but

This!

But anyhow, didn't you check the background of that thing (and for that matter of the company you bought it from)
That's the beauty of internet....
Quote by Johnny skins
banned cause im fine because of your avatar! it blasts happyness everytime i see it!!

definitly the best avatar ever I=Cookie

Proud owner of the: I'm wearing clothes in the Pit! Group! Click here to join
so you're moaning that an obviously dodgy product wasn't to 'professional' standards?

you both entered into the sale fully knowing that it wasn't going to be great and then you expect the seller to be grateful that you gave him a bad rating?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
so you're moaning that an obviously dodgy product wasn't to 'professional' standards?

you both entered into the sale fully knowing that it wasn't going to be great and then you expect the seller to be grateful that you gave him a bad rating?

I think he's upset that the product claimed to "sound professional". If it said "this is a cheap product" he would have been satisfied.

However always remember "You get what you pay for" there's rarely any good deals out there, just a lot of scams.
Quote by zephyrclaw
People are silly.

Pretty much.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Sublimical
I think he's upset that the product claimed to "sound professional". If it said "this is a cheap product" he would have been satisfied.

However always remember "You get what you pay for" there's rarely any good deals out there, just a lot of scams.

you do get what you pay for but of course there are loads of good deals and not all are scams
if you use ebay a lot you will know there are power sellers who will not do anything to hurt their feedback.
however ebay have sent emails and notices out many times saying 'beware of traders from hong kong, korea etc) due to how easily it is to do a knock up inferior product.

i use ebay a lot, and well before i even bid on the item, i see how much feeback the seller has got and read over a few.
ie the people i have brought from have had between 5000-10000 feedbacks with say 99.4% possitive. and well everything i have brought has been brilliant.
again like any site or any private sellers there is a risk of it not being as good as expected
Quote by rabidguitarist
Nothing gay about playing with another mans dick. I bet all of you play with your own.

he just owned everybody

Gary(L)Kirsty-Lea<3

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be deeply missed. You truely are a hero and a pioneer in metal
i got a £15 wha pedle its not that bad in all honesty pretty good for just messing around on

ebay can be good sometimes
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
I buy a LOT on the Internet. But I've never bought anything on eBay.

Too much freedom of selling crap without risking anything, apart from bad ratings but you'll always find people stupid enough to buy from a crap seller. Also, it's much too easy to set up a "serious company" and find ways to get fake positive ratings.
Quote by 89cruefan
you do get what you pay for but of course there are loads of good deals and not all are scams
if you use ebay a lot you will know there are power sellers who will not do anything to hurt their feedback.
however ebay have sent emails and notices out many times saying 'beware of traders from hong kong, korea etc) due to how easily it is to do a knock up inferior product.

i use ebay a lot, and well before i even bid on the item, i see how much feeback the seller has got and read over a few.
ie the people i have brought from have had between 5000-10000 feedbacks with say 99.4% possitive. and well everything i have brought has been brilliant.
again like any site or any private sellers there is a risk of it not being as good as expected

I made sure to say "Rarely" and "a lot" so I wouldn't be implying that there are NO good deals. However you must agree that there are WAY more scams than good deals. You have to do your homework before you can even be comfortable buying something
Ebay is an awesome alternative to getting products from all over the world and usually cheap prices... if you know how to use the program and know what type of people to buy from and how to spot a dodgy seller then you'll be fine.
Obviously buying from hong kong you're not going to get "professional quality" even if they say it is..
Your own fault.
I have never, ever, ever had a bad experience with eBay. If you know what to look out for, such as ratings, previous items sold, location of seller etc., the chances of you being ripped off are very slim. and even if you are, there's always the chance of writing to eBay and complaining.
Quote by Sublimical
I made sure to say "Rarely" and "a lot" so I wouldn't be implying that there are NO good deals. However you must agree that there are WAY more scams than good deals. You have to do your homework before you can even be comfortable buying something

i think its the other way round. i always find there are loads of good deals. but then i ignore all the things coming from hong kong, japan, korea, china etc. maybe thats why i think there is more good deals? haha
also from what i have noticed sometimes stuff from them places can be like 50p or something and seem cheap and then you look at postage and it makes no sense to buy from them

i guess like you said its all down to doing your homework on it, if you dont be careful about who you buy things from then it will be a scam
like i said it can be the same with a lot of things

but its possible to get 'pissy buyers'. ie my step dad sold a load of things on ebay and well cheaply for how much it cost, provided way too many photos etc etc on it and well the person who brought it gave a bad rating and said 'it was too big for what he needed it for'. so again this buyer decided to contact ebay and he failed because what was sold was exactly as described. actually. funny how some people will complain just so they can.

to sum up. there are some twa.t sellers and some twa.t buyers. so both parties need to be careful
Quote by rabidguitarist
Nothing gay about playing with another mans dick. I bet all of you play with your own.

he just owned everybody

Gary(L)Kirsty-Lea<3

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be deeply missed. You truely are a hero and a pioneer in metal
Start a PayPal Dispute. Usually makes them change their attitude, you paid for a product and it doesn't work as advertised, simple as that.
Quote by Sublimical

Yeah, that's a pretty much spot-on summary of my rant, so thanks for understanding. No wait, I guess it's more than that when I really think about it, though. It's not the product quality that really bothers me - in fact, I'm not that worried about it at all, since I really just bought it out of curiosity. I mean, I did expect it to at least work somewhat, but even though its quality was somehow worse than my already-low expectations, I'm pretty sure it deserved a negative rating.

Anyway, the slight annoyance really just surfaced from the fact that the seller (who had 99 point something percent feedback and almost 2000 ratings) was such a prick when it came to the customer service. It was a one-off purchase (and probably my only eBay buy ever) so it wasn't the potentially not-as-great-as-professional-products quality that irked me. No, it was the fact that the seller sent the email afterwards claiming that it was "the technical issue" (what the heck does that even mean?) and that his supposed "company" or whatever wouldn't deal with me again, and obviously acting as though his false reputation was the most important thing ever. Right...way to address the problem. I would have been cool with no correspondence at all, not some retarded email about how it was my fault that the product advertised as "professional" simply wasn't.

Fine, I received a product that wasn't quite fully functional, but being able to award a negative rating and useful comment for other buyers in peace and revelling in my curiosity purchase would have been alright.

Yeah, I guess the core of my rant stems from the fact that the customer service attitude was simply spiteful and petty. It's not really the product quality, as the negative rating kind of balances that out and everyone receives their just desserts, so to speak. Hopefully that clears things up for the people claiming it was my fault for making the purchase; that's not what I'm really attempting to discuss. Thanks for the rest of the supportive comments, though. Anyway, methinks it's time for us to all move on with our lives. I impulse-bought Korean chips today and they tasted brilliant. My life consists of random purchases and events.

EDIT: Wow, that was long. I need sleep and possibly some kind of device that magically summarizes things and removes over-verbosity.
I hate it when you pay immediately and the seller doesn't give you feedback until you give them positive feedback
Always beware of eBay items from Asia, especially Hong Kong and Thailand. Of the few bad experiences I've had, they all come from Asia.
Quote by MLilienthal
I hate it when you pay immediately and the seller doesn't give you feedback until you give them positive feedback

Yep, I agree with that wholeheartedly!

Asians suck. Oh wait, why do I have yellow skin?! Noooo!

EDIT: Yes, I did look at the feedback and it was generally overwhelmingly positive and multitudinous. In retrospect, the fact that the seller was from Hong Kong had nothing to do with the rant, and really just accidentally biased everyone who didn't read the tale properly. The real annoyance was the simple fact that the retard was ungrateful and petty, lacked customer service and was one of those irritating folk who waited for the buyer to rate them positively first, even if they didn't deserve it. Hmph.
Last edited by zephyrclaw at Nov 23, 2009,
eBay is great if you look for reputable sellers and you know you won't be ripped off, I've picked up things for brilliant prices there.

Look at feedback and you probably won't get this problem again.