Basically I just sold my schecter c-1 hellraiser FR and I'm in the market for a new guitar but one that is a bit different I guess you could say. Something a bit more on the road less travelled.

To get to the point I want a guitar that handles high gain well but also has versatility and I enjoy a good clean tone. I play metal rock and "hot blues" (think Cream) mostly. My three favourite guitarists would be john petrucci, jeff waters and jimmy page if that gives you any insight to the music I listen to and play. I would like to stay away from the strat shape but I'm pretty open to most shapes. Preferably a V or an explorer but I can be open to other shapes. I lean towards thin to medium necks. I really dont like active pickups (experience from last guitar) so passive's only please. I definately want a fixed bridge. Looking for some straight forward heavy tone and lots of sustain that comes from the wood. Budget of about 650-700CND.

Here were my ideas but let me know if you have any others:

emperion norax-st (7 string V, high quality parts as well as using only european woods and made in italy, main concern is how a 7 string will work for rock and blues)
http://www.emperionguitars.com/emperion_noraxst.php

greco LP or V copy from around 1980 (japanese made and 30 years of age is suppose to make the wood sound better I believe?)
greco V example
greco lp example

Reverend volcano (korina neck and body and good quality hardware, worried how it will perform for metal)
http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/guitars/set_neck_series/volcano.html

DBZ Premier mondial ST (Dean Zelinsky's new company, the reviews so far have been glowing)
http://www.guitarquest.net/dbz-guitar-details.asp?model=%27Mondial%20ST%27

Thanks for the help, please let me know what you think of any of these guitars.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Last edited by Slanderous666 at Nov 16, 2009,
I'm getting a sterling ax40 or 20(not sure, the 40 has a floyd)

But that's what I am gertting.

I suggest going to a big music chain and trying every guitar that's in your price range
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Considering you're interested in the 7-string, you shouldn't have problems playing blues with it since the 7-string is a pretty common thing in both blues as Jazz music.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

I've heard good things about Greco, but it's hard to find a good one for a nice price.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Quote by ItWillDo
Considering you're interested in the 7-string, you shouldn't have problems playing blues with it since the 7-string is a pretty common thing in both blues as Jazz music.

Really? I was unaware 7 strings were used there. Can you give me some examples of where a 7 string has been used in blues? I find that fascinating.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by AntiG3
I've heard good things about Greco, but it's hard to find a good one for a nice price.

Ebay is full of them luckily, only problem is that I can't play one before I buy it but I played an LP for about 3 years so I am familiar with the shape.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Does anyone know where I can import edwards guitars for a good price?
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
I was also thinking of a used musicman silhouette special as well.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni