Page 1 of 2
What do you think the best Modern Rock album of 2009?

For me so far it's Fightstar - Be Human. It's a well rounded album and is really good.

Muse - The Resistance was good, but it had some filler on, which I didnt like :/

I havent even picked up Herald Moth by InMe yet, and 30 Seconds To Mars' new one, even though it isn't out yet, the two songs i've heard from it (Kings and Queens and This Is War) sound amazing.

So yeah..discuss?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
By Modern Rock, do you mean like radio rock, because there is a lot better stuff than that to come out in 2009.
May not be modern rock but one of the greatest albums of 2009 was Brand New's "Daisy". Many of the fans hated it but its a really deep album. Barely any surface appeal. I've listened to it about 10 times thru now. KSE was a disappointment.
-Ibanez js1200
-Epiphone Les Paul w/ Invader in bridge
-Alvarez acoustic
-Orange Thunderverb 50w w/ 1x12 cab
-Vox Satchurator
-Ibanez ts-9
-Pod x3
-Apple Logic Studio

www.purevolume.com/stoplooklisten
pearl jam's backspacer would probably be up there
and i think our lady peace's burn burn was really overlooked...its got some amazing tunes
Quote by hildesaw
By Modern Rock, do you mean like radio rock, because there is a lot better stuff than that to come out in 2009.

Modern rock as in what is contained on this forum.

I'd hardly call InMe radio rock....

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Breaking Benjamin Dear Agony. I did expect more but its still a great album, each song is great.
In relation to Muse, it is.

Porcupine Tree's The Incident is the best release this year.
Quote by Haze14
In relation to Muse, it is.

Porcupine Tree's The Incident is the best release this year.

After all those posts we had together in the FNM thread, I thought you were cool. You completely undid that with that Muse comment.
Last edited by Uber-rocker at Nov 17, 2009,
I'm tossing up between:
Walk Back - Before Cars
Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride - The Black Ryder
Lip Distortion - Linda Strawberry

all great albums even though Lip Distortion is an e.p
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
Quote by Uber-rocker
After all those posts we had together in the FNM thread, I thought you were cool. You completely undid that with that Muse comment.

You were gonna find out sooner or later.
ALICE IN CHAINS

The Incident was pretty good too, but not up to par with In Absentia and Deadwing. Those two were godly.
Quote by JayLacelle
pearl jam's backspacer would probably be up there
and i think our lady peace's burn burn was really overlooked...its got some amazing tunes

Backspacer

And Crack The Skye by Mastodon.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I can't decide between The Resistance and Them Crooked Vultures.

Geneva - Russian Cirlces was decent as well, but that can't compete with the epicness of the first two. The worst I've bought this year is Raditude. It's not terrible, but by far the worst I payed for.
Nope, not Muse. They don't keep one style of playing (which is good), but now it's to the point where they barely play their instruments anymore. It's all music theory put into computers now, so it leads them to correct compositions and songs being played from computers, midi sequences, and synths. They're good, but the new album proves that they have PhD's from the University of Plymouth. I'd say... Alice in Chains
Guitars:
Fender Telecaster: American Standard
Ibanez: RG370DX
Amps:
Engl Powerball 100w Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cab
Quote by Dr Hullabaloo
Nope, not Muse. They don't keep one style of playing (which is good), but now it's to the point where they barely play their instruments anymore. It's all music theory put into computers now, so it leads them to correct compositions and songs being played from computers, midi sequences, and synths. They're good, but the new album proves that they have PhD's from the University of Plymouth. I'd say... Alice in Chains

Yeah I agree.

The rawness and guitar work they had in Origin of Symmetry is finally fading which saddens me. The only two guitar based songs on the album are MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection.

Quote by halvies
+1

We're such fanboys

+2

I'm actually going to say "Signs and Wonders" by Animal Kingdom. I brought it on a whim because it was real cheap on iTunes but I can't stop listening to it.
Quote by guitarhero_764
ALICE IN CHAINS

The Incident was pretty good too, but not up to par with In Absentia and Deadwing. Those two were godly.

This.

Alice in chains + Porcupine tree = Best modern rock 09 albums although not my fav albums of the year.
Please don't confront me with my failures. I had not forgotten them.
Backspacer

/thread
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Well I've only heard two this year, both of them I really liked.

1. If These Trees Could Talk - Above The Earth, Below The Sky

2. Red - Innocence and Instinct

Both of whom put on a really kickass live show And now that I think about it, the only two bands I've seen this year anyway, not that I ever see many, I'm sad to say.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Definantly the resistance by muse. hope they come to the u.s. i wanna see them rlly bad. their last few albums were amazing too. Twilight ruined them!
The Fall Of Troy - In The Unlikely Event

It's a proggy/alternative album. It's really grown on me in the past month.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
I can't decide between them, but Pearl Jams's Backspacer and Metric's Fantasies are my two favorites.

Though the new Thousand Foot Krutch album was really good.
Them Crooked Vultures Self titled wins it by a mile. Muse's album was good, but no were near as good as this
Quote by Uber-rocker
Sound Awake by Karnivool would be another contender.

This, also Mastodon.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
If we're going to count Mastodon as modern rock, then yeah, they win it over everything, even TCV. I'm not even a huge fan of Mastodon and that's their only record, but something tells me Crack The Skye will remain a huge classic.
Page 1 of 2