Hi everyone. This is a question for experienced Ibanez users. I am looking into buying either a Xiphos or a Schecter Hellraiser c-1 soon. I know the xiphos costs more and all but it is the guitar I would prefer. If I were to get one, I would want it to be perfect for me. I like the locking tremelo on the 700XH, but I want the good lead sound of the Infinity Pickups. What do I choose?
I think the DiMarzios are much better than the Ibanez INF pickups...
The 700XH is the 27 fret model, do you need 27 frets? If not, how about look at the XPT700 (without the XH): 24 frets, 2 DiMarzio D Activators and the Edge III bridge (same as the XH model)

If it's just between 700XH and 300, I'd say the 700XH, it's overall better (more expensive too though)
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
I've had some seat time with an XPT700XH and thought it was great, although, if it was my money I'd have the fixed bridge version; the XPT700FX. Great pickups, killer looks, awesome playability. Just give me the reliability of a fixed bridge vs. that Edge III and I feel you've got a wicked guitar.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I play the Ibanez Xiphos XPT 700XH and I have to say I absolutely love the guitar. Depending on what kind of music you play the extended neck offers amazing access to upper frets, the guitar plays like a dream.
I have been playing this guitar for about 4 months now I have a really hard time playing other guitars because the Xiphos is so much nicer to play on.
I have nothing but good to say about the Xiphos, I have owned quite a few guitars and this one has been my favorite by far.
Quote by Techofthegods
I play the Ibanez Xiphos XPT 700XH and I have to say I absolutely love the guitar. Depending on what kind of music you play the extended neck offers amazing access to upper frets, the guitar plays like a dream.
I have been playing this guitar for about 4 months now I have a really hard time playing other guitars because the Xiphos is so much nicer to play on.
I have nothing but good to say about the Xiphos, I have owned quite a few guitars and this one has been my favorite by far.

Another satisfied customer.