Alright, I checked the classifieds forum, and being as nobody has posted there in 30 days, and that there are only forums for "Musicians" and "Gear" I thought I'd give it a shot here.

Right, due to recent events, I can no longer attend the La Roux gig in Manchester on the 21/11/2009 at the Warehouse Project.

I bought two tickets for myself and my girlfriend, for a total of £40.

Rather than waste the tickets, I'd rather someone used them.

The face value of each ticket is £17.50, and they are both unreserved.

I stuck them on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/La-Roux-Tickets-Manchester-Warehouse-Project-21-11-09_W0QQitemZ250530671965QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item3a54caad5d

But they're getting little attention.

Here's the deal:

If anyone here wants them, make me a reasonable offer. I'll post them next day, with next day delivery.

I'll check this thread again tomorrow, at 15:00. If a reasonable offer has been made, I'll let whoever made it know, and arrange PayPal, swap postage details etc.

EDIT: ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO DERBYSHIRE CHILD VICTIMS OF CRIME. I WILL NOT MAKE A SINGLE PENNY.

Any questions, fire away.

EDIT: If this is against the rules, I'll happily take it down. I'm just trying every avenue possible.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Last edited by metacarpi at Nov 16, 2009,
Quote by metacarpi
Anything above £30 will go to Derbyshire Child Victims of Crime charity, something myself and my girlfriend have recently been involved in.

I'm not in Manchester, but this is a fantastic reason for this thread to remain open and where it is.
Quote by Minkaro
I'm not in Manchester, but this is a fantastic reason for this thread to remain open and where it is.

Thanks man, to be honest, we'll probably end up donating the lot, we just don't want the tickets to go to waste.

We were recently involved in organising a charity dinner at Pride Park stadium in Derby, photos of which can be found here:

http://www.adphotography.co.uk/showgallery.asp?event=CVC_09

I believe we raised around £8,000 that night.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

this thread is a mass breach of rules, you havn't actually read the classifieds rules properly, you sell stuff like tickets in the gear, and no ebay links are allowed for stuff your selling

just a heads up before you get warned by a mod, take this down and post it in classifieds, and read the rules
Quote by lefthandman9876
this thread is a mass breach of rules, you havn't actually read the classifieds rules properly, you sell stuff like tickets in the gear, and no ebay links are allowed for stuff your selling

just a heads up before you get warned by a mod, take this down and post it in classifieds, and read the rules

As I said, when I went into Classifieds, it said nobody had posted in 30 days. Fat lot of use that is.

I also explicitly stated that proceeds would go to a worthy charity, and that I'd happily take it down if need be.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Just googled La Roux...
Is that a guy?

OT: TS' going to be b&
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

and tickets are NOT music gear or musicians so what is he meant to do.

read his posts properly and you just proved his point, it say underneath in normal classified bit 'no posts in 30 days'
fool

anyway the charity bit seems good.
if i was in manchester id just go for the fact it would go to charity. lol
Quote by rabidguitarist
Nothing gay about playing with another mans dick. I bet all of you play with your own.

he just owned everybody

Gary(L)Kirsty-Lea<3

RIP Ronnie James Dio. You will be deeply missed. You truely are a hero and a pioneer in metal
My point was if that you take a few seconds to look, you'll see that that's not entirely accurate.

also

You can advertise anything you want to buy/sell/trade.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1011882

again, if you take a few seconds to look you'll see that the title is not exactly accurate.

And the charity bit could be a complete lie. I'm not saying that it is, I'm just saying we have no way of knowing. That'll be why the thread will probably be closed despite the charity thing.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Nov 16, 2009,
Quote by metacarpi
Anything above £30 will go to Derbyshire Child Victims of Crime charity, something myself and my girlfriend have recently been involved in.

Thats amazing

I love La Roux but...

1. I'm in Worcester
2. Skint
3. La Roux looks like a dude.
NOTICE: ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO CHARITY.

However, if this really is a problem, I'll take it down.

I was just trying to get the tickets used, rather than have them go to waste. If I can do a good deed as well, why not try?

EDIT:

Also, I'll provide photographic evidence that the money was donated.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Last edited by metacarpi at Nov 16, 2009,