want new pickups for a squier strat.

what would people recommend, either fender lace sensors, holy grails or custom 69's??

or feel free to recommend another set i haven't mentioned

thankk you

EDIT: oh and can anyone enlighten me on the deal with needing new pots for lace pickups?
36 Crazyfists
Trivium
Machine Head
August Burns Red

And I like my penis. Because of it's existence, every morning I can look past the man thongs, pink duvet cover and a-Ha CDs and say to myself, "You're a man."

Last edited by P-H-O-B-I-A at Nov 16, 2009,
Which Lace pickups were you considering? And how much money do you have to spend? What kind of tone are you looking for? What kind of amp do you have?
Hi, I'm Peter
i just have a vox valvetronix amp 30w, i want decent fender like cleans with decent power in the bridge. and i have £200.

the amp is irrelevant tho coz at college they have all kind of amps from fenders to mesa/boogies and i will be using theirs more than mine
36 Crazyfists
Trivium
Machine Head
August Burns Red

And I like my penis. Because of it's existence, every morning I can look past the man thongs, pink duvet cover and a-Ha CDs and say to myself, "You're a man."

Quote by P-H-O-B-I-A
i just have a vox valvetronix amp 30w, i want decent fender like cleans with decent power in the bridge. and i have £200.

the amp is irrelevant tho coz at college they have all kind of amps from fenders to mesa/boogies and i will be using theirs more than mine

I have the Hot Gold set in my Strat, with the extra-hot bridge and they sound great. If you like a good Strat sound, the Lace Sensors do it well without the hum, though I don't think they'll do warm vintage tone very well
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer