Ibanez IJS20 Jumpstart?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
This is an Ibanez GAX70. My school has this guitar, okay for beginners, crap for advanced players.
Gax series Ibanez. I believe an older version of the Gio?
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by TimBFMV
Gax series Ibanez. I believe an older version of the Gio?

Yeah i think thats right
my coisin had one and the wireing was so unrelible he took sotter and a sottering iron to every band practice
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Wow, thanx for saving me some Andrews...

What is your take on the Squiers, any better any worse?
Some Squiers are pretty decent the other, crap. If i were you i'd look at a few Used highend Squiers of some used fenders.
How do you tell which are good and which are crap? Or generally to be able to tell any model which is worth it or not. I figure it is like anything you cannot go on name alone. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Now mind you I am an old dog learning new tricks. I just started for real (practicing around one and a half to two hours a night) around 3 weeks ago. I am practicing on a 1950ish General Electric Guitar (yes they made them) so anything will be a step up from this. My price range is 150 or so. Mostly I will be plugging in to a berringer ucg102 and using guitar rig 3 as my amp.
Last edited by Johnny V at Nov 16, 2009,
Quote by Johnny V
How do you tell which are good and which are crap?

£150 is quite a small budget.

http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/Guitars/Electric_Guitars/Electric_Guitars/sc1437/p7391.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=googlebase&utm_term=%7Bkeyword%7D

This is an okay guitar dont expect anything amazing from £150 but if you couldm stretch to £200 you could get a quite decent starter guitar.
Quote by rushpython
Yeah i think thats right
my coisin had one and the wireing was so unrelible he took sotter and a sottering iron to every band practice

1 - It's "solder"

2 - Sounds like a shoddy repair to me, not a problem with the actual guitar, if he had to keep repairing it then he must have been doing something wrong.

TS: The GAX guitars are actually fine, I still have mine and I still like it, for what I paid for it it's a damn nice guitar that I've never had any real problems with, closest thing I got to an issue was the action on the low E which was sorted in about 30 seconds with an allen key.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
1 - It's "solder"

2 - Sounds like a shoddy repair to me, not a problem with the actual guitar, if he had to keep repairing it then he must have been doing something wrong.

TS: The GAX guitars are actually fine, I still have mine and I still like it, for what I paid for it it's a damn nice guitar that I've never had any real problems with, closest thing I got to an issue was the action on the low E which was sorted in about 30 seconds with an allen key.

I agree, that gax is not a bad guitar for what they cost, put some decent strings on it and you can rock with the best of them.