Hey Guys.

As some of you may know, I just purchased a Blackheart Handsome Devil, and I'm extremely happy with it.
It sounds fantastic for Pink Floyd stuff, but, it's lacking Gilmour's many effects, as the amp is pretty basic (Presence, Bass, Middle, Treble, Level, Drive)...So here's where you guys come in!

I'd like a Delay, mainly to be used for Floyd and some clean sounds.

I think I want some kind of boost, but I'm not sure if I do or not, I'm pretty happy with the OD sound I get now, but I've heard it can really shine with an OD.

An EQ would be good as well, but this would have to come at a later date, I can't really afford it all now.

My budget for each pedal is about £50-80, preferably more towards the £50 mark.
I'd like to go used, because you obviously get more for your money.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I'd prefer Analog pedals, and I'd also like something that doesn't affect my tone when it isn't on, as I'll have them in the signal, but I won't need them all at the same time, probably.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Last edited by LezPaulEpiphone at Nov 16, 2009,
Ibanez DE7 for the Delay. It's digital, but it really sounds good, especially for the price.

For a distortion that sounds like Gilmour's leads, I would check out a Muff from either Made by Mike or Stompunderfoot.
The price from Stompunderfoot might be a little more, but I like his build quality more.
http://www.stompunderfoot.com/MUFFS.html
http://www.madebymike.co.uk/
Ask Mike if he can make you either a Triangle Ram's Head Muff or a Civil War Muff. Those are the two Muffs Gilmour used during his career. I would also recommend asking for a flat mid switch on either one. Gilmour may have had his modded, since his tone is actually quite full, lacking the mid scoop that Muffs usually have.

EDIT: fixed.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Nov 16, 2009,
^Agreed on the DE7 for delay

I thought Gilmour used a Ram's Head Muff though?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Oh, he's used one of those before too, I forgot.

EDIT: Actually, to correct myself again, it's actually that he used a Ram's Head, and not the Triangle. He did also use and own a Civil War.
Oh, and I say to get flat mids, because he had an EQ restoring the mids that the Muff scooped.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Nov 16, 2009,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Oh, he's used one of those before too, I forgot.

EDIT: Actually, to correct myself again, it's actually that he used a Ram's Head, and not the Triangle. He did also use and own a Civil War.
Oh, and I say to get flat mids, because he had an EQ restoring the mids that the Muff scooped.

Thanks for your recommendations, the Green Muff definitely seems like a good option, although I'm slightly put of by the lack of mids; I love my mids.

Any more guys? I'd like some options for the used market as well.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
I prefer the Rocktron Short Timer for Pink Floyd type delays.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah, thats why I recommend getting a flat mid switch put in, if Mike or Matt are willing to.
It will get rid of the mid scoop, so that way your guitar has the same amount of mids as before.

Mike actually offers a mod for a mids knob/switch
A nice reverb might be good for Gilmour as well.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey