hello UG guitar forum.
i have a little problem that has me baffled.
i had some emg's fitted. after that i accidentally dropped my guitar. it went down hard.
now, my guitar is intonated. open 12th and 12nat harm are all in tune together ( as close as i humanly can do).
but
and i never used to get this problem, on my B string. frets 2345 are very noticably sharp. is there anything i need to do, or can do to remedy this? could it be the string?
yes it can be a kink in the string, or a raised fretboard, or raised or crooked frets.

look for damage at that area, swap out the string and check of cracks at the neck joint, or at the bridge.

i'm sorry, just reread.

frets 2345 are very noticably sharp

you're saying the first few frets are sharp?

check the nut cut. in addition to swapping the string.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Nov 16, 2009,
HAHA, and yes a locking nut shouldnt matter, unless it's damaged in some way.

so have another close look at the guitar, something shifted, hopefully, just a kink in the string.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

well, no. none i can think of.
sharp notes on a certain part of the neck (not the length of the neck), along one string, usually means a high fret.

a series of sharp notes alone one string on a certain part of the neck after a fall, probably means that area was altered in some way.

it's really just a best guess. the cheapest / easiest fix being a string change.
so i'm rooting for that.

JEn
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

oh cool, hope it stays that way,

also, if ever a question, i'm always checking the setup page.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62