new....case? day

so my friend decided he wanted to build something but couldnt decide what to build. i said, hey build a case for my 5150. and well......he did...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

so yeah, its done for now, but we are going to stain it or paint it or wrap in something soon. we just have to find the time. we just happened to have a whole day and a lot of boredom to do this much.

BUT WAIT! THERES MORE!

I wonder what happens if we turn the lights off? hmm

Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
love the glow, cant wait to see what you finish it with. HN...CD!
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
if he beveled the edges and did a nice custom paint job, it would be awesome. the glowing logo is kickass though.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Not a fan of the case...yet. But some killer tolex, stain, or a paintjob would make it better. I really like the glow-go
well like i said, im going to do something with the case haha. any ideas guys? i like the idea of beveling it. ive also thought about doing a nice dark mahogany stain. maybe even some flame maple vinyls or something

edit: in case anyone was wondering, heres how we did the logo:

we took the back plate of the 5150, put wax paper behind it, and then put cardboard behind that. we cut 5150 out of the cardboard and attached it all together. then right behind the plate theres a piece of wood running horizontally with a red led bar on it. the wire is running out the back and is wired to a jack on the daisy chain for my pedalboard.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by InanezGuitars44 at Nov 16, 2009,
i wanted to wait, its just that we stayed up all night doing this and we might not have a chance to finish for a while. it was just a random chance that we actually had the time to get this much done. i figured the good people at ug deserved a halfway point update hahaha.

but seriously guys, i want some suggestiongs for finishing it!

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Hmm... a nice crimson stain on that will be very nice.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Pretty killer man - although I would have waited for the final product to post.

*coughblackaligatortolexcough*

Alligator tolex = win.

Although, dark red alligator tolex (sure I've seen some somewhere) + black grille + glowing red logo =

Very nice mate, he did a damn good job of it by the looks of things
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey