I've bought a sheet of self-adhesive vinyl to go on my pickguard but I'm not sure how I go about cutting it to the shape of the pickguard?

It wouldn't be a problem if it was all straight edges but the pickguard is a Strat one which is chamfered around the outside and the screw holes.

Would it be easier to stick the vinyl to the pickguard and then cut around it or would that just end up making a mess of it?
Take the pickgaurd of, trace around it, cut out tracing
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Stick it onto the pickguard, and take a sharp knife to cut around the edges. When you're applying the vinyl, use a credit card or something like that to smooth out the airbubbles
Quote by Decoid
Stick it onto the pickguard, and take a sharp knife to cut around the edges. When you're applying the vinyl, use a credit card or something like that to smooth out the airbubbles

Ta, how about the screwholes? or should I not worry about them and just stick the screws through them?
Well, that depends on how many times your thinking of removing the pickguard, I'd say to cut around the screws aswell. If your just screwing, your going to ruin it
ended up just sticking it on and cutting round it with a Stanley knife, it came out ok

I've got loads left so if it starts to look crap i'll just reapply it