For any Mick Jones fans out there, Caron/Silicon's new album is out for free download off their site.

http://www.carbonsiliconinc.com/mp3.aspx

Just to make sure it's known, Mick Jones supports what he calls "MPFREE", he believes that music downloading isn't harming the music industry at all so he's fine with distributing his stuff online for free, so this isn't illegal.

I've just finished downloading it, so far it sounds great, my friend's a huge Mick Jone's and she loves it, there's a track called "don't taser me bro" which I'm highly anticipating because I crack up every time I see the video where he does that bit.

Anywho, just thought I'd post this, Carbon Silicon aren't half as big as they should be, for saying Mick Jones is such a gent about all his music (if anyone saw the Rock and Roll Public Library Exhibition he put on last summer, that's a perfect example).

Enjoy it Mick-fans
Carbon/Sh*t.

Tony James is the most pedestrian guitarist ever.

That's right, he is actually WORSE than Chris Stein from Blondie.
When you add a legend to a plebian you get a very boring unexceptional band that imo would be better if it didn't exist.
Unexceptional maybe, I mean, there's nothing overly great about the albums, as much as I love 'em, but boring's a bit of a stretch.

But opinions are opinions I guess!
BORING. They're overtly bland, what the f*ck happened? Where are the balls?

Sure, you're ~50, and obviously can't jump around like a 20 year old, but even so, when the Dead Kennedys were in their fifties they could still be exciting.

I've heard more interesting music by old men in generic blues covers bands.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Sure, you're ~50, and obviously can't jump around like a 20 year old, but even so, when the Dead Kennedys were in their fifties they could still be exciting.

I've heard more interesting music by old men in generic blues covers bands.

Jumping around doesn't = excitement, and often you can't tell excitement from just a studio album, take Rory Gallagher's music for example, you hear his albums and you think "Fair enough, cool" you see a live version of it and you see how much raw energy is put into it.

And you'd be surprised how entertaining some Blue cover bands can be!
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Jumping around doesn't = excitement

A good point, but even if we extend the excitement criteria to consist of an array of dionysian principles, it's still boring. It's really not challenging on any level. Jonesy should trade in his les paul junior for a grandad's flat cap.

and often you can't tell excitement from just a studio album, take Rory Gallagher's music for example, you hear his albums and you think "Fair enough, cool" you see a live version of it and you see how much raw energy is put into it.

If you can't, ahem, "tell excitement" from a studio album, then imo it's not a very good album. I don't think that albums should necessarily mirror live performances, but there should be something laudable in terms of energy and passion there.

If you play a C/S song immediately after a clash song, you will become flaccid, losing the erection that the excitement of the strummer and jones partnership induced.

And you'd be surprised how entertaining some Blue cover bands can be!

Yeah, there's probably a couple of good ones. Your typical blues band though is really just a bunch of old men in a pub.
•Songs are too slow
•Songs are too long
•Really boring drumming, though that relates to the slow tempos
•Occasional stupid EDM noises/sound effects
•Weak vocals

That's my experience with the rest of their music, and it's why I'm not gonna bother to listen to this. Their music distribution method is nice though.
These tracks would really kick if they were shortened to 3 minutes and they put a real drummer on there. They have Dominic, why do they insist on the drum machine?

That said it's some of the best Mick material in a while...