|.-----/7--------7~--|-----7------5-----7--|-----/7---------7--|
|---0----------------|--0----0--5----------|--0----------------|

|---------------------|--------------------|------------------------|
|---------------------|----------5p-0------|------------------5-----|
|---7\-------4--5\3-|------/7--------7~--|------7--------5-----7--|
|0-----0h-5-----4\2|---0----------------|--0------0--5-----------|

It's the intro tab for metallicas bleeding me, I have a question about THAT ( 7/-- ) part the /7 part is clear you just slide down from 1st or 2nd threat or w/e till you hit the 7 sound, but to where must i actualy slide from 7/ it's not an error i saw lots of these kind of "slide to god knows where from x note" ? Anyone who could shed some light on me ? Sliding lots down doesnt sound pretty good either :|
You've got the right idea, it's basically a slide to nowhere specific, you'd play the seven and slide down, I'm guessing fairly quickly if it's a Metallica song, quick is the only way I ever really got them to sound good. Just try different speeds, it's way easier if you're feelin' the song, too.
Quote by DocArunas
the /7 part is clear you just slide down from 1st or 2nd threat or w/e till you hit the 7 sound

What??

Quote by DocArunas
where must i actualy slide from 7/ it's not an error i saw lots of these kind of "slide to god knows where from x note" ? Anyone who could shed some light on me ? Sliding lots down doesnt sound pretty good either :|

Just hit 7, slide up quick a few frets, kill the note, and play the rest.
/7 means slide to the 7th fret from any fret below it. 7/ means slide up from 7 to basically any fret above it. Listen to the song for a better idea of where Kirk and James slide to.

Alternatively, \7 means slide to 7 from anywhere above it, and 7\ means slide from 7 to any fret below it.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Last edited by Junior#1 at Nov 16, 2009,