In my local CL i found an ibanez sz prestige that looks to be in nice condition. Its got the active EMGs and he's selling it for $300 firm.

I wasnt in the market for a prestige, or really a new guitar for that matter. but i was wondering if you guys thought this might be one of those deals thats too good to pass up? Im having a hard time finding out much about the SZ Prestiges so im not sure what its worth.

Heres som pics of it, let me know what you guys think. I was figuring if i bought it and decided it wasnt for me i could maybe make some money on it.

Shot at 2009-11-16

Shot at 2009-11-16

Shot at 2009-11-16
Ask the guy why he's selling it for so cheap, and if he has a legit reason, then do it. Idk how much this model in particular costs, but I'm sure it's well over $1,000. And the pickups are at least $200 brand new.
his quote:

"FIRM non negotiable! 300 dollars cash!

yes it works!
yes its in good condition!
has active emgs in it!
Needs new strings

ITS A 300 DOLLARS PRESTIGE WORKS GREAT SOUNDS GREAT LOOKS GREAT!

Times are tough and i need cash to pay bills so call if interested! "
That's a steal, man.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
if you don't buy it, I will. Then I'll rub it in your face til the end of time. Then your girlfriend will break up with you for not buying such a sexy guitar, then I'll play that guitar for her and end up neck deep in her pussy. how's them apples for ya?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']if you don't buy it, I will. Then I'll rub it in your face til the end of time. Then your girlfriend will break up with you for not buying such a sexy guitar, then I'll play that guitar for her and end up neck deep in her pussy. how's them apples for ya?

a little rough, but i get the point lol. going to check it out

thanks guys
Quote by jusfuris
a little rough, but i get the point lol. going to check it out

thanks guys

just to "bust your balls" even more, I'll cuckold you and have you watch.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']just to "bust your balls" even more, I'll cuckold you and have you watch.

so im guessing its a definate yes i should buy it. lol

Hopefully he's still got it then so i wont have to have these herrible things happen to me
Quote by jusfuris
so im guessing its a definate yes i should buy it. lol

Hopefully he's still got it then so i wont have to have these herrible things happen to me

you better hurry. I'm on my way as we speak. My fingers are stretched and my tongue is ice cold
called him, he says its got significant belt rash on the back and a couple dings. but nothing too major. so we'll see.

He said the guy who had it before him rewired the PU selector switch to where all the way down is a kill switch, then bridge, then neck. so thats odd
Quote by jusfuris
called him, he says its got significant belt rash on the back and a couple dings. but nothing too major. so we'll see.

He said the guy who had it before him rewired the PU selector switch to where all the way down is a kill switch, then bridge, then neck. so thats odd

if you like Tom Morello, it's a match made in heaven.
I could live with some belt rash for $300. Do it.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
I could live with some belt rash for $300. Do it.

Consider it relic'ed.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
if im not mistaken thats an old SC prestige, like the SZ but bolt on and thinner body like the normal S and SA's of today. can you get the guy to give you more pics and the serial number? either way its a ****ing steal!
Quote by lp_dude_2
if im not mistaken thats an old SC prestige

that explains it! i saw this thread earlier and thought "it's like an SZ body outline, but with S and SA series parts (pickup toggle switch)." anyway, it's a great deal! grab that thing! quick! haha
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
has to be stolen.

but buy it anyways. But if someone comes looking for it, sell it back to them for good karma.

EDIT: nvm i just realized it was an older model. I mixed it up with the new prestige SV.

anyways, that seems like a good price. BTW, don't those knobs look like huge disproportionately sized nipples? They're massive!
Last edited by Tedward at Nov 16, 2009,
Yea dude I would totally buy that now.

If its a Prestige it's definitely worth much more than $300.
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
Quote by Wulphy
That's a steal, man.

Literally, the guy probally stole it ...

Thats why he's asking for cash at a low price ...

It could also be fake

Still could be worth checking out though ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

went and checked it out. had to buy it! its awesome! the rash on the back is bad, and there are nicks here and there. Its been gigged so ya.

But overall it looks nice and plays awesome. The guy is endorsed by Ibanez, so he just got two more of the S models for free and needed the money quick for some bills. Seemed like a cool guy.

He said (whether or not its true i dont know) that it was a special edition one that they only made a few hundred of. Thats why the knobs are crazy looking. theyre actually really awesome to use

Trying to decide if i should keep it or sell it for some money for the up coming holidays lol.

heres some pics of it at its new home:

niiice! that top is pretty damn amazing. you got a steal (possibly literally like some other people already said) haha very very nice man
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
awesome man! do you mind posting some more pics for me? like of the head stock, mainly the truss rod cover, and the back with an up close shot of the serial number. also wouldnt mind seeing the inlay and the side of the neck, wanna see whats up with the green squares? and amazing beautiful guitar man! what EMG's are in it? and sorry but im kind of an Ibanez geek so i get all nerdy about shit like this
thanks guys!

no problem lp_dude_2 i'll get them up when i get back to the house. the green squares are just kinda-glow-in the dark tape that he used to help him identify the frets when playing live since theres no marks on the fretboard other than on the 12th and the ones on top are very small.

I'm not sure which model EMG's they are, I just know that they're active ones.

The guitar is very beautiful. the pics dont do it justice
Nice score! Contrary to popular belief good, well known, big brand name guitars can be bought dirt cheap in these bad economic times. I come across many every week so many I have to pass on a lot of them.

90% of the guitars I buy are for resale I only post the ones I keep in my profile. Although I think your guitar is nice it's not one I myself would keep. It would be for sale ASAP. It's up to you do you like it enough to want to keep it?

John
Im actually not sure. I really like it, but i think if i could make some decent money on it i'd just sell it. If it were in better condition i'd definatley keep it though.

I basically bought it with the intent to play around with it for a little bit then sell it unless i fell in love with it
I do the same thing. I'll buy a guitar with all intent to resell it for profit but love it so I keep it, this is why I have like 70 guitars in my collection. Luckily like I stated earlier 90% get resold ASAP. For the price it's worth keeping if you really love it. I am not sure what it's worth I know more about Gibsons than any other company when it comes to price.

John
I like that guitar, lots. I'm quite jealous.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Damn, now I can't go down on your girlfriend >.<

oh well, maybe one day you'll get a sexy guitar too and then a girl will willingly let you do that to her. lol
Quote by jusfuris
oh well, maybe one day you'll get a sexy guitar too and then a girl will willingly let you do that to her. lol

Finally! The counter burn is delivered with impeccable timing!

As for everyone saying it's probably stolen...I doubt that. How many non-guitarists know words like "buckle rash" for a start? I was going to post more about why it's not stolen...then the OP bought it and spoke to the Ibanez endorsed guy >.>

HNGD, looks like you've got something a bit special and unusual to toy with. You decided wether to keep or sell it yet?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
holy shit! looks great man! and if you want to find out which EMG's are in it the model number will be printed on the back of them. if im not mistaken the bridge is an 85 cause the logo looks gold, and the neck is an 81 cause the logo looks silver
Quote by lp_dude_2
holy shit! looks great man! and if you want to find out which EMG's are in it the model number will be printed on the back of them. if im not mistaken the bridge is an 85 cause the logo looks gold, and the neck is an 81 cause the logo looks silver

Good catch! those are the colors on the EMGs. so i guess thats what model they are.

Kurapica: Havent decided yet. initially it was a definate sell. but the more i play it the more i like it. it feels and plays awesome. ive never really had a guitar that was professionally set up though so that might have something to do with it. (i just do my own setups with what little skill/knowledge i have on that lol)

right now im probably gonna play with it for a couple weeks and try to find out more about it. then put it on ebay with a high reserve to see what interest is there for it. i do really like it though.