Hello, I've got a nice Ibanez jazz box, but I'm getting back into the Perfect Circle/Tool/Smashing Pumpkins thing. I haven't got any money to get another guitar so thought I'd do up my Yamaha Pacifica a bit instead. I've got a cracking amp (Marshall TSL60 head) but I want to change a pickup on my pacifica so I can get a much better distortion. Any ideas? Secondly I want to move the guitar strap thingymejob from the classic strat position to an sg position. The only problem is there's a silver plate which holds the screws there, that holds the neck on! Do you think i'll damage the guitar if I drill through this to attach the guitar strap thingymejob. Anyway, sorry for the rambling...
Attachments:
guitar11.jpg
guitar22.jpg
ikes.

just put it above the plate on the wood on the back of the guitar. it'd only be an inch or so off of where you want to put it.
I don't know about the rest of it but I wouldn't drill through the plate. You'll probably end messing it all up and drilling into the neck.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Hey dude try a EMG 81 or a seymor duncan they rock. yea rip the ****er off drill a hole through it you'll be right or replace one of the plate screws with a longer screw and put your strap button there at the corner of the plate.
MARSHALL: AVT 2000, MARSHALL: JTM 200 MARSHALL MAJOR 1969, LINE 6: POD X3 LIVE, VARIAX 600, VARIAX 700, GIBSON: FIREBIRD V,FERNANDES: REVELLE DK, FERNANDES: RETRO ROCKET PRO, BOSS: RC 50 loop station
Be very careful moving the strap button. If you don't position it right your guitar will become unbalanced when you play standing up, which is not a good thing. As for pickups I'd personally go with something by Dimarzio, good quality for a good price, they range in gain levels so you can find something that suites you. I think you might like a super distortion or a tone zone in the bridge and an air norton in the neck (assuming HH configuration)
Gear
Carvin custum dc 747
Ibanez rg 520qs
Homemade Nocaster
Hofner violin bass
Hughes & Kettner Swithcblade 100 head
Ampeg v-4 412's (one with veteran 30's one with stock speakers)
Randall 412
Vintage Supra
ISP Decimater G-string
you can get a longer bolt and attach the strap button to one of the neck bolts. Honestly i would leave it on the horn it makes the instrument have better balance. I dont really have a pickup recomendation though all mine are stock atm. :/
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Well if you move the strap you can:

1. Drill through the fretboard
2. Drill into the truss rod, if it's behind the plate
3. Unbalance your guitar

If you are confident in your ability, do it! But you should probably ask the customizing forum, they know more about this stuff then we do.