I Am A Aspiring Musician, I Want To Get/Start A Band, Where Can I Sell Myself?

hello, I am an aspiring musician and am a UK citizen from South East London, I want to start making music with other artists or even start a band, however, I don't even know where to promote myself, my local newspapers don't support musicians adds and am a bit frightful of using the internet as an option.

Any UK citizens got around this?

Any tips?
okay, before this spins into a spam thread due to the title, which I'm sure is TOTALLY by accident ( ), I suggest re-thinking the internet. much good can come from it.
You wanna sell yourself, kid?
Sign here. I'll make good use for you.

I'd try craigslist.
If you want to sell yourself i would recomended the streets, put on something sexy and see who wants a ride

Im really, really sorry
Quote by JimmyBanks6
this man is of knowledge

Woo someone said i was smart, how silly
Huh, I thought the title said 'Aspirin musician' for a minute.

Get in touch with London Student and get us to review your CD. Instant exposure. Voila.
Quote by Nitro89
how do I keep myself safe though

Coil or Condom

but seriously joinmyband.co.uk is a great site, tried many bands from this site and didn't get raped once... well maybe that one time but that was sortof consented under the influence
-no sig-
Down a dark alley, wearing revealing clothes.

...Oh you didn't mean that, did you?

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
You protect yourself with a comdom...
Quote by Don't Stop
Put a piece of tape on the headstock and write "Gibson" on it.
If done properly, this should quadruple your sustain.

Quote by pitobodies
That post is probably the deepest, wisest, most mature thing to ever spill forth from the Pit.

Metallica!!
Maiden!!
A7X!!
The corner of 5th and Maple.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
sell ur self to SATAN
╔══╗╔══╦╗╔══╦╗═╬╔╦═╦══╗
║═╬╠╩╗╔╬╣║╔═╣╚╦═╬╣╚╬╗╔╝
║╔╗║║║║║║║╚═╣║║╔╣╠╗║║║║
╚╝╚╩╩╩╝╚╝╚══╩╩╩╝╚╩═╝╚╝╬
Quote by Nitro89
how do I keep myself safe though

Use a condom...

Im sorry =(

Why not advertise here in the Musician Ad's section? Thats what I did

Gear

Tokai FA70 (My Korean ES-175)

Amplitube

Artisan 30 fund: £50/£1200
where abouts in south east of london because i live there too?
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Can you put up flyers on telephone poles and such? Maybe at a guitar store.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
yes, I submitted my add on joinmyband.co.uk and on ultimate-guitar.com

As for sticking a flyer onto poles, I'll give it a try, will also post my add in my guitar stores, only got two though, might have to go and visit denmark street in london.

Any other ideas please?
Quote by CoreysMonster
okay, before this spins into a spam thread due to the title, which I'm sure is TOTALLY by accident ( )

Well now I'm going to feel like an idiot if I post all the prostitution jokes I've got lined up, cheers min.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
all jokes aside, I am dead serious about this, I signed up to joinmyband.co.uk not many responses, I wrote to my local papers, an add will cost me around £300, I can't afford that, what else can I do?
See if you can go visit the ICMP, ACM or Guitar-X. These are all modern, vocational music colleges around London. They'll all have noticeboards, Facebook groups etc.
-flyers in local music stores/supermarkets/corner shops -
(with above: get a different sim card for your mobile and another Email adress for contact)
-online towns/citys music forum
- go to gigs speak to the bands see if they know anyone who wants to join/form a band
- UG's ''musician wanted'' section
-myface
-spacebook

ect
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
You could always sell yourself to 1000 fat chicks for $10, or 10 fat chicks for $1000.

Fat chicks need lovin' too, but they gotta pay.
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful.
Quote by blue_strat
See if you can go visit the ICMP, ACM or Guitar-X. These are all modern, vocational music colleges around London. They'll all have noticeboards, Facebook groups etc.

This. I'm moving to London next year in order to start a band, and these places are going to be my first port of call to find musicians. Also the Guitar Institute, Drum Institute etc, I don't remember the collective name. Go to as many jam nights as possible too, even if none of the guys there are suitable, chances are one of them can introduce you to someone who is. Talk a lot, try to meet lots of people.
Last edited by Beserker at Nov 24, 2009,
where in south-east london do you live?
i live there and i know a lot of musical men, i could hook you up
move to the bay area
Just Sooo Jaded!

Quote by drunknpunk204
Why cant Helen Keller drive?
cause shes a woman