This is a song I recorded myself a while ago, I posted it previously, but I didn't get the amount of crit on it I was hoping for so I'm trying again. I'm not 100% sure the genre, if you could help me out there I will thank you a lot. The only reason I put electronica in there is because there is a few keyboards and such in the song. And yes, there will be vocals to it, but I'm still working out some of the lyrics. I was kind of influenced by random bands for this lol. Like Sky Eats Airplane, Veil of Maya, and We Came As Romans.
C4C

It's in my profile titled "My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad".
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Any chick that can dance with a walrus to Michael Jackson songs is hot in my book.
Thanks man! I'm really glad you liked it. I'm hoping to get some screaming in there sometime. I'm not very good at screaming though, so I'm trying to find someone to do it for me.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Any chick that can dance with a walrus to Michael Jackson songs is hot in my book.
Very nice, what is your recording setup?
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Drums were a little unbalanced for me (the tom fill at 0:29 is barely audible). Not a real fan of that overtone on the snare either. Otherwise well-played and well-mixed, just a little low cut on the pads at around 2:00 to clear things up a bit. I'd lose the synth drone you have going for the first "verse" though. It doesn't really add anything. The melodic riff at 3:15 might be even better if it was doubled with a guitar.

The songwriting seems a little "pile it on", it doesn't appear to have any real direction; it's more like a bunch of cool riffs thrown together. That might change once the vocal melody is added though.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
Like it a damn lot! However, to me it really feels like there should be some 16th triplets under the 8th triplets on the first riff/recurrences of the same drum style. It feels a bit stuck up now.

Have to agree with ebon on the synth drone, at least on the first verse.

The transition at 1:16 felt a bit random. A simple drum fill would help, I think.

Loved the lead synths and pads.

At 3:15, the low synth blur things too much in my opinion - I feel the guitars are overwhelmed, taking away from what could be an absolute awesome part!

At 3:40, the guitars simply don´t feel fat enough in contrast to the other part. I dunno if you should put them further forward in the mix or what (I suck at mixing), but it felt rather thin. Loved the part though, really heavy.

I liked the synth drone at 4:06. Dunno if it gets more space in the mix here, but it fits much better this time.

Generally I felt the song had a direction and clear movement, but sometimes it got a bit "confused", so I´m partially with ebon on this.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1231928
Quote by Gundamnitpete
Very nice, what is your recording setup?

Line 6 75 watt with a direct hookup from my output on the amp to the mic slot on my computer. No mic needed and very inexpensive. The cord is a 12" double audio thingy (don't know the technical name lmao). It looks like this.

<-------------------------->
^ At both ends are the type of plug that looks like what's on the end of a headphone or something. Then I attached to one side an addon. The addon looks like the end of a guitar cord and on the butt is what you plug in like headphones to. Just connect them and bam, plug one into your amp and the other into your mic for the computer. Btw, I use audacity to record if that helps.
Quote by Rockford_rocks