I'm currently looking for a few pedals for my sound (delay, noisegate...), but now I'm wondering which is better, having a rack effects system (like a gmajor) vs a pedalboard with 6 pedals run through my effects loop? I don't have a rack, but I plan to get a BBe sonic maximizer in the future, so it might be neat to have one. I only have 1 pedal right now (chorus), so losing it for a multi effects wouldn't be a big hit. Do the rack systems really suck tone? I don't feel confident in my knowledge on effects stuff, I've always sort of just played straight into the amps settings. It's run into a 6505+ if it matters.

Also a side question...if my 6 pedal pedalboard is run into my effects loop, will i still be able to use a tuner? Or does the tuner need to be run through before it gets to the amp?

Thanks
TC gear is by far the best in pretty much all of their various price brackets.

If you can find yourself/build yourself a decent sized MIDI floorboard, and don't mind having a good fiddle around with all the parameters, I'd definately recommend getting one.
Quote by Rikki DeMartini
TC gear is by far the best in pretty much all of their various price brackets.

If you can find yourself/build yourself a decent sized MIDI floorboard, and don't mind having a good fiddle around with all the parameters, I'd definately recommend getting one.

What exactly is a MIDI floorboard? I'm guessing by the name it's like a digital effects board? Like the Boss GT-10? What are some good ones to take a look at that will really help my sound? Will an expensive/good floorboard sound as good as 6 specific pedals that only do 1 job?
Quote by coolbeverage
What exactly is a MIDI floorboard? I'm guessing by the name it's like a digital effects board? Like the Boss GT-10? What are some good ones to take a look at that will really help my sound? Will an expensive/good floorboard sound as good as 6 specific pedals that only do 1 job?

A midi floorboard doesn't have effects on its own. Consider it a switching system to control saved patches on other units. You know how the boss GT-10 has footswitches to select patches right? Its like that, but applicable to any midi capable device.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
A midi floorboard doesn't have effects on its own. Consider it a switching system to control saved patches on other units. You know how the boss GT-10 has footswitches to select patches right? Its like that, but applicable to any midi capable device.

And there's your answer.
Watch this, it's not specifically indepth, but it shows you what can potentially be done.
TC Electronics G-System. You can separate the module and rack mount it and use the floorboard to control it. Oh, and the quality is amazing