see i am getting a new guitar for christmas...
i have a £500 budget.
i have been platying guitar for about 2 1/2 years now and have deciided it wouldbe good to get a new guitar.
i play most types of music form punk to metal.
plz write back.
i currently use an ibanez an a squire.
id go for a hi end epiphone les paul, i have one and it can do anything!
and youll have some cash left over. or you could go for a second hand gibson
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
ya, les pauls are great they have a thick body and neck so they have great sustain. and most of them have tone and volume knobs for both pick-us, so you can get almost any sound you want. although I find it IMPOSSIBLE to tremolo pick on them

Epiphone and Agile make some really good ones
Last edited by redneckrebel at Nov 16, 2009,
I have only palyed an sg once so I don't know a lot about them, but I do know that it is really easy to hit those higher frets

EDIT: Idk if this helps but here is a like to the sg therad they know like everything about them
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178648
Last edited by redneckrebel at Nov 16, 2009,
Floyd rose or hard tail or strat style trem?
What type of neck joint do you want?
No. of frets?
Pickup layout?
Woods used?
Any other preferences?

Essentially you just asked for any guitar that comes with humbuckers so you might as well start nit picking and decide what you really want.
If your more on the metal side id suggest lookign into ibanez. they have some realy awsome guitars in ur budget. And if you have soem spare cash after you buy it maybe swap out the pickups if possible
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Floyd rose or hard tail or strat style trem?
What type of neck joint do you want?
No. of frets?
Pickup layout?
Woods used?
Any other preferences?

Essentially you just asked for any guitar that comes with humbuckers so you might as well start nit picking and decide what you really want.

agreed.

If you're looking at sgs, though, the japanese-made tokai ones are around that price, and assuming they're of similar quality to the other japanese-made tokais (i haven't tried their sgs ), that'd be where i'd be looking for £500.

e.g.: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-USG75-Electric-Guitar-Cherry-Finish_W0QQitemZ370166916632QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item562faae618

there are cheaper ones which are made in china, but they're not as good.

what's your amp, though? that's a lot to spend on a guitar if you're using a starter pack amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what's your amp, though? that's a lot to spend on a guitar if you're using a starter pack amp.

Ah shit knew I forgot something. Also what are the guitars exactly? And why are they not suited to you? Hopefully this way we know what to avoid in the next guitar.
agreed
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?