Just out of curiosity, what effects work with them, what effects destroy them? I have no pedals and my amp has none so I'm wondering how they interact.
i'm guessing lower chords with fuzz or distortion would sound dreadful. although lower chords with no effects sound like that anyway. chorus might work quite nicely. slight phaser could sound pretty cool as well.
All effects "knowledge" is from the pedal board plug-in on "logic" which i use at music tech. also, my pedals have all broken.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Too much chorus can destroy them.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Spaz91
Octavers work really well.

Only octave up, unless you play really high up, and you need one that tracks really well, or else it will glitch out. The EHX POG is supposed to have great tracking, as is the MXR Bass Octave Deluxe, but thats only octave down.

Some light chorus or phaser are good on "real" chords, and distortion is great on power chords, especially around the middle of the neck. One of my favorite sounds is to put a slow phaser in front of heavy distortion and play power chords.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Are there any bass synth pedals that will do chords? I was playing a Boss model at my local store, and chords weren't coming out well.