Why is there no thread on this criminally underrated and influential band? For shame!

Armoured Angel started out as a speed/thrash band in 1982 before progressing on to become one of the first Death Metal bands.

This band and ALL of their demos, EP's and their one full-length album need your attention NOW metal forum!

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=597
You're pretty cool, I'll break my classical listening for a bit to check this out, I'll report back with an opinion in a bit.

Also, this will probably help with people listening.

http://www.myspace.com/armouredangelofficial
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
The album was pretty good, nice catchy riffs, and some surprisingly good solos, vocals were pretty good too. Good stuff, I liked it. What demo would recommend to listen to first?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Yeah I was reading reviews on them, I'll try and hunt them down in the coming days, good find though, I like it, I remember seeing this thread earlier and thinking they were a cheesy power metal band, not that I dislike power metal, just not in the mood for it.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Yeah it's all great stuff, I've been into them for a while now. Also keep in mind everything except the album has a different vocalist and guitarist (Yuri Ward handles both guitar and vox on the album) so the sound is more thrashy rather than deathy.

I can see how the name could be confused for a Power Metal band, haha.
Yeah I read that some members left before the album indicating the change in sound, I don't mind thrashier though, thrash is good I'll have to check the demos out.

Yeah the name reminded me of the band Armored saint, which is why I was hesitant to check it out, I've been listening to almost nothing but classical for the past few days, and I'm not in the mood for power metal right now.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Will give this a listen when im not on a college pc!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Just found this thread whilst googling (!) for Armoured Angel tabs, suppose I could give it a bump while am I'm it.

Wings of Death and Communion are right up there amongst my very favourite thrash records. Criminally underrated band in my books, it's a right shame they never got round to recording a proper thrash full-length...
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Armoured Angel Is Truly Underrated, And Im Also A Fan, But I Only Have One Of Their Albums....mystrium, Unfortunely,trying To Find Armoured Angel Albums Is Like Trying To Find A Needle In A Hay Stack,....this Band Needs More Recoginition, The Videos Are Awesome As Well.....
Quote by SPIIRIITUS
Armoured Angel Is Truly Underrated, And Im Also A Fan, But I Only Have One Of Their Albums....mystrium, Unfortunely,trying To Find Armoured Angel Albums Is Like Trying To Find A Needle In A Hay Stack,....this Band Needs More Recoginition, The Videos Are Awesome As Well.....

Why Do You Capitalize Everything?
Stigmartyr and Angel of The Seventh Order are absolutely class...anyone into Ares Kingdom will love it.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Whoops!

Sure, it's not as vicious, but it's got that killer blend of heavy metal and death metal that AK, Deceased and Arghoslent pull off so well... not mad about the drum sound, but just splitting hairs really!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested