View poll results: go into this field:
chiropractics
6 30%
recording arts
12 60%
other
2 10%
Voters: 20.
so...i want a backup plan for my life, but first i need an actual plan. i have two ideas for what to do. one, being a chiropractor, which requires 8 years of college. the other, as of now, is going into recording arts, which takes only 20 months of college at Full Sail University. vote in the poll and reply with any suggestions.
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
Bottom line - don't make these decisions based upon the pit's response. I mean really... Sure it would be great if things were written out in black and white and someone had the answer for ya but it doesn't work like that, think about it, alot and then decide what is best for you and only you. Best of luck with that.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
if you're going to do 8 years of college why not be a real doctor...
or a pharmacist?

don't do the recording arts, there's a reason why it's only 20 months, cause you're gonna be paying for that stupid decision for the next 60 years of your life.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
You're asking for advice that'll decide the rest of your life from the PIT?

wow. you must be desperate.

Ask someone close to you
Chiro takes that long? I thought it was the same as most other degrees (4 years fulltime)
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Chiro would get you a lot of money. Full Sail Sucks.

With that in mind, do whatever YOU want to do. Don't listen to Pit-goers like myself.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
i know it's stupid to ask the pit for advice, but i'm bored right now and just thinking about that kind of stuff.
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass

Do what sounds interesting and would have long appeal.

I wouldn't base it on the amount of schooling either.
LARGE TEXT
i'm not basing it on the amount of schooling, but on the cost. i want to do something that will make me happy. music is the only thing that really drives me. but i want to have something else if and when music doesn't lead to an income of any sort.
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass

Quote by lildude_6859
i'm not basing it on the amount of schooling, but on the cost. i want to do something that will make me happy. music is the only thing that really drives me. but i want to have something else if and when music doesn't lead to an income of any sort.

You answered your question, somewhat.

There's always a job for music, you just have to look.
LARGE TEXT
yeah, but i don't want to count on it. are there any suggestions for colleges in music that are affordable, but good. i really want to do something in music. i'm not counting on being a "rockstar," but i would like to be close to that kind of thing, whether that be in recording, editing, and whatnot. any suggestions?
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass