Does anyone know how i can improve my singing? I've wanted to cover if it means a lot to you by A Day To Remember, but my vocals are not the best. It sounds like i hit all the notes, but when i play it back (after i record it) it's terrible. Any pointers? btw i want to sing this to a special girl (;
R.I.P foREVer
Quote by Chaingarden
Mind posting it here? If I hear your voice, I might be able to give you some pointers.

I don't have any recordings of it because my computer crashed the other day and they got deleted :/ are there any tips in general that may help me?
R.I.P foREVer
Quote by Killswitch94
I don't have any recordings of it because my computer crashed the other day and they got deleted :/ are there any tips in general that may help me?

Frankly, no. I'd really need to hear what's "wrong" with your voice, so I don't give you counterproductive advice. At the very least, a detailed account of what it is you don't like about it.
Quote by Chaingarden
Frankly, no. I'd really need to hear what's "wrong" with your voice, so I don't give you counterproductive advice. At the very least, a detailed account of what it is you don't like about it.

The problem is that when i play it back, i can hear that im off notes. ive tried singing it high and low, yet the same thing happens. Maybe it's just out of my range?
R.I.P foREVer
ok i uploaded the vocals to my profile. I know it's horrid but please i need and want help
R.I.P foREVer
It sounds to me from the recording that you are more or less talking the song and not really singing it. My advice is to use your diaphram (there are a ton of posts in here on how to do it) to get support and air into your voice and also a few notes are a bit pitchy so I would suggest when you sing along with the song take a finger (or whatever) and stick it in one ear so you can hear yourself better, also try matching the notes on a guitar or keyboard. Hope that helps
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
It sounds to me like you are singing the song an octave down. This is a very common and correctable mistake that most singers make towards the beginning of their careers.

Of course, I haven't heard the original song (if it's a cover?), so I'm really not sure.
Quote by Oh_God_Its_Back
My girlfriend does that to me!
Feels pretty good!

^In a thread about strap-ons.
You're talking more than singing. Take the song, note by note, and match it to some other instrument. If you don't have an instrument, find some type of program online that can produce different tones. Start with the first note, and match your voice until the two tones "sync up." Then do the next note. This would be even better if you had a tuner with a little built in mic, so it can tell you what notes you're hitting, and if you're off pitch. If you match the pitches, note-by-note, you'll get a feeling for the sensation of singing on pitch. If you're used to "faking it" by just talking with slightly varying pitch, it'll feel a little jarring at first, almost as though you're singing everything a little higher than you're used to. That is absolutely the first important step for you though, because as it stands, there is no discernible melody there.

Don't be discouraged, this is something you can fix fairly easily.