Hey hows it going guys.

As the title says, looking to start a metal band that mixes thrash, jazz, groove and a of course, prog.

I'm in Hauppauge, Suffolk County

My Influences (bandwise):

Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Porcupine Tree
The Devin Townsend Band/Project
Nevermore
Dream Theater (No one saw THAT coming!)
Cynic
In Flames-Pre reroute
Symphony X
Artillery
White Zombie
Children of Bodom

Age=21
I been playing guitar for four years and piano for most of my life. I used to teach piano as well

Guitar Influences:

Marty Friedman
John Petrucci
Jeff Loomis
Dave Mustaine
Jay Yuenger
Zakk Wylde
John 5
Ritchie Blackmore
Mike Amott
Michael Romeo
Marco Sfogli

Piano:Frédéric Chopin

I'm looking for mature, well read, intellegent but by no means straightlaced musicians.

For Guitarists-Someone to can shred tastefully and well as do melodic passages and of course keep in time Haha.

Bassists-Capable of being in the pocket as well as doing some standout fills and solos.

Drummers-Creative,energetic, can do smooth transitions from different time signature and be able to play fast to slow and vise versa with ease.

Gear-Does not need to be crazy highend stuff. As long it doesn't sound like:

1.)A Garbage can being hit with a branch
2.)Mud
3.)A freshfaced guido with a sprayon tan riding his "Tech'd Up" 2001 Honda Civic down 25a. Yeah, that as$hole.

then we're good!

People who can sing (at least some basic backing) is a huge plus.

Ages-I would love to get people who are 20+ because we can play a bars in the near future however if your good 18 or 19 is good. (17 is a bit of a streach but we'll see)

Sorry 'core people. I really dislike most if not all genres with "core" tacked on it because I feel it is wayyyy to gimmicky as well as insincere in this day and age. (Lamb Of God is the only exception with me for some reason )

Well I hope to hear from some of ya.

Sebastian K.
Last edited by FallenSaint at Nov 26, 2009,
I am also looking for a versatile singer as well for this project so everyone don't be shy!

Theres got to be someone on Long Island who wants to start a band that isn't Deathcore
I am a Rhythm guitarist whose influences include but not limited to Gojira, Megadeth, Metallica, etc... I listen to a lot of music.

Gear
Dean VMNTX with Custom Livewire Active Seymour Duncans (Dave Mustaine customs)
Fender FM 100H Half Stack
Boss NS-2

I also have plans to upload a song that I created sometime soon just got to finish working the song out.

I would be willing to work with you online since I am in Northen Michigan but if thats not what you want then thats fine to.

Edit: Here is the link to me covering Gojira's Where Dragons Dwell... I did this a while back and can play it much better now I plan on making another cover to it along with the song this time.
Last edited by ander106 at Nov 20, 2009,
Hey man thanks for responding

Unfortunately, I looking to start a band in my area and need people on Long Island or NYC (within reason).
Funny. I put looking for a band off for a while, but I thought I'd look on some classifieds and this was the first thing to pop up. Ironic, being that I'm from Hauppauge. It's a damn shame we're distanced in age though (I'm 16 myself) and yet we have such similar tastes (not to mention I was thinking about starting a new, more progressive metal-esque project).

Good luck with it though.
Thanks bro, I remember responding to your message on the NY ads.

Its a shame with age but hell maybe we will run into to each other one day or whatnot.

Good luck with your band (or band search) as well.
May have a guitarist but is not exactly what I'm looking for.

So post you playing if you can or if your local we can jam.

But I'm still looking for members.
seems like something i would love to be a part of if i lived near you. im trying to start one in my hometown now. , it ain't easy.
"This is my Mark V. There are many like it but this one is mine."

LTD MH-400
Ibanez AS73
"BUILDING MY OWN GUITAR NOW"
Yamaha FG365S II
Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head, with rectifier cab (2x12)
Vox Valvetronix AD100VT- XL
Yeah I just saw your ad as well for a vocalist.

At least you found SOME people

good luck bro
Thanks dude. same to you

LTD MH-400
Ibanez AS73
Yamaha FG365S II
you seem like someone i could ask, what is the metal scene like in NYC, not like grindcore hgardcore thing with skinny pants and all that but i mean like the thrash scene good ol metal ?

LTD MH-400
Ibanez AS73
Yamaha FG365S II
**** man, i was just reading your thing, your exactly the kind of guy i need i have teh bass player and the drummer who are tight as hell and LOG are the only exception with me too, god damnit, move to st. john's

LTD MH-400
Ibanez AS73
Yamaha FG365S II
Well with the first question, eh not so much. I mean the Death Metal scene here is alright but the amount of 'core bands pretty much over ran it.
yea there is like 2 good real metal bands the rest is emo/ core garbage, sad really....

LTD MH-400
Ibanez AS73
Yamaha FG365S II
I did before but everyone never followed up. Alot of flakey "musicians" keep responding haah
Quote by FallenSaint
Well with the first question, eh not so much. I mean the Death Metal scene here is alright but the amount of 'core bands pretty much over ran it.

The death metal scene consists of us (Respawn The Ancients), Malignancy and Regain The Heart Condemned. Almost everyone else is some form of deathcore/hardcore.