I'm trying to analyze songs that i am fond of to try to get a sense of what specific sounds i like to hear in order to give me more ideas in my own playing... aside from figuring out what key the song is being played in, and the rhythmic elements to it, i would like to see what specific intervals are being played.

Although, i am certain i am doing some part of this incorrectly, i'll try to show what i am attempting to do.

tuning: CGCGAD, capo:4 tabbed relative to tuning

D|--------------------|----------------------|
A|------------0-------|------------0--------|
G|--------0--------0-|--------0--------0--|
C|-----2--------2----|-----4--------4-----|
G|--------------------|----------------------|
C|--2---------------- |-/4------------------|

So each time I try to do this with a song, I map out intervals over the fret board based on the tuning.

based on the information......... E-A-D-G-B-E played in sequence(calling E the root), the intervals would be 1-4-b7-b3-5-1

C-G-C-G-A-D would then be 1-5-1-5-6-2 (calling C the root)

......based on that, I map out the intervals over a blank fretboard. to show exactly what i mean, part of it would look it

...|2|b3|3|4|#4|5|...
...|6|b7|7|1|b2|2|...
...|5|#5|6|b7|7|1|...
...|1|b2|2|b3|3|4|...
...|5|#5|6|b7|7|1|...
...|1|b2|2|b3|3|4|........

etc.... it looks more organized on a fretboard rather than typing it out but if you've seen an interval chart then you know what im talking about....anyways...

to keep it more simple, in the tab i'm going to replace the fingerings with numbered intervals instead, using F# as the root( remember there is a capo on fret 4)
WARNING: THIS IS THE PART I AM VERY UNCERTAIN ABOUT

intervals:
D|--------------------|----------------------|
A|------------5-------|------------5--------|
G|--------4--------4-|--------4--------4--|
C|-----1--------1----|-----2--------2-----|
G|--------------------|----------------------|
C|--1---------------- |-/2------------------|

If anyone with extensive knowledge of music and theory and all that good stuff, could please tell me if this is the wrong way to go about doing this

this sounds good to my ears for a reason, and i want to figure out exactly what that reason is.
Eh?

1. Identify key of song
2. Identify scales used
3. Look at how notes within scales relate to the chords underneath
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Hi,

I'm a newbie so take this with a pinch of salt. I would look at the actual note names. Then
try to listen to what each section resolves to work out the key. Then get the intervals from that.

FWIW

Looks like an F#sus4 and a E5add6. But I suspect it really needs to be heard with the melody. as this appears to be the bass and harmony and or pedal points.
Not trying to slag you off, but why tune so far down when you're just gonna slap a capo on her?