so, me and my band, Twelve Good Omens, are looking to make some cd's, but we need a software. i'm too lazy to look for one, so does anybody know one that is easy to use, edit, and whatnot?
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
audacity is free and easy to use. are you recording through an interface or through a basic computer sound card?
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
if you're going to use audacity keep thise in mind...

record really really low on input volume then go to effects and amplify the track, that'll help... but if you really want any ok quality recordings you're gonig to have to pay at least $50 and have a friend who's pretty good at mixing.
hopefully, we will be using my church's sound board (a behringer of some sort). if we can't do that, we will be using my youth group's p.a., but that's as much as i know as of now.
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass

I personally think that if you do have access to a soundboard/mixer then audacity although free might hold you back just due to the software limitations. You might want to invest some money into some sort of program that can provide better results. And like DIRT said, see if you can find some one who is good at mixing.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
Quote by scream_it
I personally think that if you do have access to a soundboard/mixer then audacity although free might hold you back just due to the software limitations. You might want to invest some money into some sort of program that can provide better results. And like DIRT said, see if you can find some one who is good at mixing.

Yes yes yes yes. Reaper reaper reaper reaper. Audacity is shIte.
how much does reaper cost?
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass

Use it on trial fully functioning for as long as you want without paying anything, if you learn enough on it that along the line you think its good enough to pay the small 60$ for the license then that's your choice.
do i just google it and find it or what? wow, i didn't think it was only $60! that's cool.
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass

Reaper is completly free, even though its just the trial version, they never own up to it. Their fault in my opinion. I use it to produce my stuff, and I never have bought it. There may be legal issues if you dont though....my stuff is free.....so I dont worry about it.
Quote by lildude_6859
so, me and my band, Twelve Good Omens, are looking to make some cd's, but we need a software. i'm too lazy to look for one, so does anybody know one that is easy to use, edit, and whatnot?

There's your problem

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369733

If you are too lazy to type 'free audio recording software' into google, or even read the stickies - I would hate to hear how your album turns out!
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?