Hey guys I got a question:

No matter where I put my digitech whammy in my line of pedals, I get a HUGE amount of hum/buzz throught my amp. Should i get a noise suppressor to solve this problem? or no?

because someone told me it had to do with where i am powering the pedal from? (wall outlet).

HELP!

Thanks a lot
Yeah a noisegate would help. Turning down the gain will too.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
I get hum "behind" my playing too. What i mean buy this is that while i play i can hear my playing but it beneath that i can hear the buzz ( in addition to normally hearing buzz when im not playing) .ive seen some noise gate pedals and noticed that a few only cut out the noise when not playing, not this "hidden" buzz. Can anyone recommend me a pedal that does not do this?

Thanks
Sounds like you have a bad ground somewhere. What kind of amp are you playing through? Does it have a 3 prong plug?
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by boxcarmonument
Sounds like you have a bad ground somewhere. What kind of amp are you playing through? Does it have a 3 prong plug?

vox valvetronix....it was a 3 prong, but i pulled out the middle prong with some pliers because my friend didnt have a 3 prong outlet at his house when i went their to jam with it. Could that really cause hum? If there's bad ground, its all over my house...every few months i move my gear to a new area of the house.

But as far as i can remember, the hum was going on prior to this.
the middle prong grounds the circuit...thats PROBABLY your problem
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Quote by Century

+1
Quote by Century

There is your problem. Also I might add with that prong missing you might not want to play barefoot on a damp basement floor. The effects can be shocking.. (bad joke but trust me it isn't comfortable)
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by boxcarmonument
There is your problem. Also I might add with that prong missing you might not want to play barefoot on a damp basement floor. The effects can be shocking.. (bad joke but trust me it isn't comfortable)

hahaha.

and to everyone else, thank you, and I'd also like to add that I feel like a complete dumbass for ever considering to tamper with the power cord.
Put the prong back. You could get shocked through your cable if lightning strikes.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Put the prong back, man.

I got woken up at band practice last week because of a bad ground. Trying to figure out was was wrong with my other guitarist's amp, I left my cord dangling from my strap, plugged his cable from his amp to my guitar, grabbed my cable to move it, and WOW, was I ever awake
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--