Well me and five oh my friend have a band we made. and we all have good equepment but my friend has a peavey vyper 30 and he says the effects suck in it. and our drumer which also plays guitar has a boss me something and my friend wants to buy one to put it over his vyper and i told him he just need a new amp. how do i convince him to not to buy the boss multi effect pedal?
sorry if this is confusing
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey 6505+
Marshall Mg 15dfx
Boss dd-3
Korg PitchBlack
Isp Decimator

Quote by madh4ttr
+10 to you and GO RED SOX
Tell him to try it first...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
well he did and he thinks it sounds amazing
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey 6505+
Marshall Mg 15dfx
Boss dd-3
Korg PitchBlack
Isp Decimator

Quote by madh4ttr
+10 to you and GO RED SOX
Quote by kurtebirdi
then theres no real reason to deter him

Ya, but there is reason to ridicule him.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Ya, but there is reason to ridicule him.

Not really. If he's happy, he's happy.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Your OP was painful to read. Because of this I've lost some brain cells and have no other comments.

/rig
I've tried this many times with my drummer, who also plays the guitar, Point out that a single effect pedal is a little more bread but it offers a lot more versatility.

...Either that of just tell him effects are for wimps, be like Slash baby.
I am a vagabond, a playboy of the western world!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Your OP was painful to read. Because of this I've lost some brain cells and have no other comments.

Ey uhgrie
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by Redsox4ever5955
well he did and he thinks it sounds amazing

than what's the problem?
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
You say "we all have good equipment..." remove the MG from your sig...
I can respect your fender... but the MG has to go.

If he likes the sound it's his choice.
His vypyr 30 should be more than ample in tone for band practice.
Let him make the mistake?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by Banshee Red
I've tried this many times with my drummer, who also plays the guitar, Point out that a single effect pedal is a little more bread but it offers a lot more versatility.

...Either that of just tell him effects are for wimps, be like Slash baby.

Slash actually does use a decent amount of effects...
this is a gear forum not a self help forum, whats with all these 'help me convince my friend' threads. i say take it to the pit. if your friend wants help he should come in here and ask us himself.
Quote by joe_k
this is a gear forum not a self help forum, whats with all these 'help me convince my friend' threads. i say take it to the pit. if your friend wants help he should come in here and ask us himself.

The problem is that his friend doesn't want help.

We've deterred many people from buying Marshall MGs and Spiders, not because we are a self help forum, but purely in the interests of good tone. Surely we can do that now.

I've never played an ME50 but to me, the Vypyr's effects are pretty good for what you pay. Maybe he's outgrown modelers.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Gundamnitpete
than what's the problem?

the problem is it sounds like ass AND is a tone killer.
Quote by GrisKy
the problem is it sounds like ass AND is a tone killer.

tone and sound is subjective. if his friend likes it i don't see a problem with that. I'm sorry.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Gundamnitpete
tone and sound is subjective. if his friend likes it i don't see a problem with that. I'm sorry.

yeah... sure it is.
Quote by Gundamnitpete

Ever hear of a band breaking up due to 'musical differences'?

These musical differences sometimes relate to one band member sounding like crap and being too stubborn/stupid to change it.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Ever hear of a band breaking up due to 'musical differences'?

These musical differences sometimes relate to one band member sounding like crap and being too stubborn/stupid to change it.
Lol yeah pretty much. Or one guitarist not listening to the one with clearly superior writing ability
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
You could tell him that modeling amplifiers like multi-effects pedals like a fat kid loves exercise.
Lol. Liking bad gear seems almost as bad as an addiction on here, everybody's like "HELP MY FRIEND!!"

Modeller amp + modelling multi-effects pedal thing doesn't seem too much of a wise choice. But it's whatever bloats his goat.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
Fire him or leave the band and let him do what he wants. Even if it is a mistake. You can advise him but no more, after that it's up to him.

Also chances are - judging by the tone of this thread - you've probably not been very sensitive/tactful in trying to convince him (just an assumption, and tone is difficult to detect from typed text but that's how this is going).

If your attempts to convince him that the ME70 isn't good was delivered as incoherently as your original post, then I can also see why he wouldn't be listening to you.
Quote by Duv
If your attempts to convince him that the ME70 isn't good was delivered as incoherently as your original post, then I can also see why he wouldn't be listening to you.

lol