I have a Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom, I almost always play in drop-D tuning, and will be running the guitar into a Mesa Boogie Roadster. I'm interested in changing the bridge pickup to something hotter, but still provides warm clean tones. No active pickups.

Mark Tremonti is my favorite guitarist, for both his Creed and Alter Bridge work, so his signature PRS pickup was my first idea.

But I realized if I go with a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB, my guitar will be similar to what Adam Jones (another one of my top 3 guitarists) uses, which is a very tempting idea.

I haven't found any shops that had guitars with these pickups and a Roadster, so I'm going to have to go by opinions. How well do these pickups handle dirty and clean tones, and how versatile are they. Or is there another pickup I should consider?
I have a JB in the bridge of my Schecter. It's a very warm, and very bright pickup. When you switch to it it's like your turning you mids up from 4 to 8 or 9. It's very capable of crunch whether it be the more classic style or a nice heavy crunch from a Mesa. I highly recommend it.
The JB=Rock/Metal. If you don't want it quite so hot I'd shoot for a '59. Only problem is the JB can be a touch trebley.
I am a vagabond, a playboy of the western world!
Dimarzio Norton
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings: