as the title says, anyone know some good American guitar stores that ship to Aus?
im looking at Guitar Center now, im looking at an Ibanez RG350DX (im a beginner lol), with the exchange rate, its $399 US which equals $425 AU, and free shipping. As apposed to An Aussie shop which sells for $949, so im looking so save a lot of money.

First off, do Guitar Center ship to Australia? if not, any other good American stores that can?

wasnt sure where else to put this thread, so if its misplaced, mabad.
^wrong

anything under 1000AUD, including shipping, is exempt from tax and import duty if it is for private use (ie; you have no intention of selling it in the next 3 years).

Edit: Yes, brand new in stores we get ripped off blind in Australia
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Last edited by R.D at Nov 17, 2009,
Quote by R.D
^wrong

anything under 1000AUD, including shipping, is exempt from tax and import duty if it is for private use (ie; you have no intention of selling it in the next 3 years).

swish

but, do they even ship to aus?
I would suggest not to do this, there are big risks with importing instruments from other countries, One would be that once that guitar leaves the country, it voids all warranty so when you get the guitar and there's a problem with the neck or pickups, you wont be covered to get it fixed and most local stores wont help you because you bought from overseas. A second reason is Free shipping is not true, the shipping may be free but you still gotta pay for custom fees and taxes and protection aint included, hence problems with necks. A friend bought a guitar overseas and got his guitar and the neck was snapped off because it was handled badly even though it had fragile stickers on it. Another friend got his guitar imported and it was a fake guitar and these werent from ebay or anything, they were from reputable companies. My suggestion and recommadation is to buy local, yeah you may not get a huge discount like overseas is offering but i'm sure most stores would try given the chance but if they will give something much better which is support and assurance you know what you are getting and if there's a problem you know where to go and not have to send it all the way back overseas. There's a reason why its so cheap and a reason why its best to shop locally.
Edit: ^ you sir, obviously dont understand... the item will cost him between 3-5x as much, the amount he saves well covers the costs of any potential damages, and if the item is shipped correctly in a hard case, the chances of a neck breaking are next to nothing.

I dont know of any that do,
But most eBay sellers will be willing to ship, and you'll get get things much cheaper because they're secondhand.

What's your budget and what do you play, i'll go looking for a guitar for you
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson RD Artist

Amps:

Framus Cobra

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by R.D at Nov 17, 2009,
Quote by R.D
Edit: ^ you sir, obviously dont understand... the item will cost him between 3-5x as much, the amount he saves well covers the costs of any potential damages, and if the item is shipped correctly in a hard case, the chances of a neck breaking are next to nothing.

I dont know of any that do,
But most eBay sellers will be willing to ship, and you'll get get things much cheaper because they're secondhand.

What's your budget and what do you play, i'll go looking for a guitar for you

Budget is about $500 AU
i play metal/metalcore and what not

thanks alot
yeah ebay may be the way to go. either the UK-ebay or US-ebay. i don't know much about exchange rates, but i do know most people on ebay are really helpful, and you'd probably be getting a used guitar (cheaper) and many people would only ship with a hardcase.

like this one! don't know if he'd ship to AUS but it's worth finding out. you'd definitely save as opposed to buying there

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-RG350EX-w-Case-extras-GREAT-LOOKING-RG350_W0QQitemZ260508077214QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item3ca77dcc9e#ht_500wt_1182
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Your not gonna get free shipping from US to AUS no matter what ....

Also it is stupid to buy a guitar that you haven't even tried out ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

If you like RG's, the 750/770 is my personal favorite, but i've found of late are getting difficult to find but the 550/570 is a fantastic guitar aswell. The good lines of Jacksons are just out of reach of your budget unfortunately (bout 700 should get you an RR5).

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-Ibanez-RG550-with-hard-case_W0QQitemZ160377516267QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item25573eb0eb

something like that may suit you very nicely.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson RD Artist

Amps:

Framus Cobra

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
www.priceusa.com.au

These guys buy it for you then for an extra 5% of the total cost will ship it to you

Give them a ring if you have any questions

my friends have used this site and have nothing but great experiences
Last edited by BoL7z at Nov 17, 2009,
since im too lazy to even order and get something shipped internationally.

im just gonna get myself an ESP LTD MH-50 this weekend
saves time & trouble

thanks everyone
Quote by BoL7z
www.priceusa.com.au

These guys buy it for you then for an extra 5% of the total cost will ship it to you

Give them a ring if you have any questions

my friends have used this site and have nothing but great experiences

does anyone know of a good website like this but for getting chinese guitars imported into the US?
Quote by carr4600
does anyone know of a good website like this but for getting chinese guitars imported into the US?

www.epiphone.com
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by Tatsumaru

1 internets for you my friend.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.