does anybody know about a pc software for designs an 3d animation BUT, which allows me to designs mainly mechanical things or devices?... mmm let me put it this way: a software which could let me design a clock in and outside so i can see how it works would really help me :O....

i was thinking about turbocad 3d or bender, any ideas?

please help!!
blender could work. Try Maya for the best results
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
Quote by Acronikos
blender could work. Try Maya for the best results

wrong

use autoCAD, solidworks or catia

EDIT: maya or blender could do it but because you said mechanical i'm assuming you want some sort of accurate measurements and so on? if so you need to use CAD software, I havent heard of turboCAD
Last edited by Diamond Dave at Nov 17, 2009,
yupz, i need measures, proportions and to be able to try it on my pc before i build it, never heard of turbocad 3D?, i searched some programs and this one appeared, it's like autocad i think, but in 3D... lol xD
Quote by Razwithz
yupz, i need measures, proportions and to be able to try it on my pc before i build it, never heard of turbocad 3D?, i searched some programs and this one appeared, it's like autocad i think, but in 3D... lol xD

autoCAD is in 3D as well man, all the ones i listed are

all the ones I listed aren't (legally) free either
The Unreal Development Kit is free now its what video game designers use to make 3D models and stuff

edit

link to their site

http://www.udk.com/
Quote by Scruff17
Kiss a guy and tell her it means nothing to you. Then die a little inside knowing that it did.

Flippin Tables
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
Last edited by R. Shackleford. at Nov 17, 2009,
I believe for mechanical modelling and animation you really should use 3Ds MAX rather than Maya, this is from 4 years of experience of both.
I don't know much about it but I think AutoCAD is the way to go here.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I created a fully working steam machine in SolidWork as my school project. It's a very good tool for create and emulate how different parts interact with each other.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Solidworks. Very good CAD software package.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
It's a very good tool for create and emulate how different parts interact with each other.

that's exactly what i need!! :O

thanks doods