I can't figure out a way to relate music to abnormal psychology. The main problem here is the word "abnormal." I could research plenty of ways of how music effects mood and things like that, but it isn't abnormal. Any thoughts? Not asking you to do my homework. Just asking for help with the topic. I know you're all smarter than me
People with downs seem more likely to sing aloud to their ipod in public...

not completely sure what you are getting at though..

EDIT: had an idea! You could talk about how people with limited emotional capacity (aspergers type stuff) find it hard to relate to music and make sense of it.
Or how they might hate music that changes tempo..
or maths prodigies enjoying songs with stranger key signatures that makes them concentrate on counting more to follow... dunno man..

is this for a school thing? What specifically is the task?
Last edited by mdwallin at Nov 17, 2009,
the actions of 'rock stars' compared to 'normal people'.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by mdwallin
People with downs seem more likely to sing aloud to their ipod in public...

not completely sure what you are getting at though..

EDIT: had an idea! You could talk about how people with limited emotional capacity (aspergers type stuff) find it hard to relate to music and make sense of it.
Or how they might hate music that changes tempo..
or maths prodigies enjoying songs with stranger key signatures that makes them concentrate on counting more to follow... dunno man..

is this for a school thing? What specifically is the task?

Haha whoa, the math prodigy thing kinda makes sense to me. Listening to music like that always helps me do my maths lolz. Yeah, it's for a term paper for my abnormal psych class. Everyone else decided to write about disorders like schizophrenia and autism and whatnot, and I'm the loser who chose music. Problem is I have to relate it to the class...But thanks for the ideas!
you could try find some guy who had schizophrenia and thought he was elvis or something...
or how bands go into institutions and play songs to people to get them less depressed about being in the nut-house..
music is used a lot in the education of children with learning difficulties. do some research into that?

Edit: maybe this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps0glMxyKMI
the doctor in this is sacha baron cohen's dad lol, borat.
Last edited by stephen_rettie at Nov 17, 2009,
Psychopathology. That's what it is referred to nowadays.

Listen to Anal ****. I'm sure you'll find your answer there lol
Class of 2010

University of California, Santa Barbara